Hilo Roof install process

@Colinlp them touch sensitive leds the recess is 15mm that I have in the rear hatch and plan to fit in roof space,
The recessed ones in the van with raised surround are 10mm recess

View attachment 7277 View attachment 7279
Wow, that's tight then if you need to raise the surround with a 10mm fitting. So fitting the touch sensitive ones would just mean using a higher fitting then, definitely doable. If you have a link to where you got those I'd be very grateful

Wow, that's tight then if you need to raise the surround with a 10mm fitting. So fitting the touch sensitive ones would just mean using a higher fitting then, definitely doable. If you have a link to where you got those I'd be very grateful
I purchased off ebay i will sort out the sellers names for you later on m8.
I've got my vans interior lights on a switch and the flexi reading lights are switched at unit

So rather than start a new thread i’ll resurect this one.
Got my van back today after it being away to have the @HiLo Roofs treatment. Gone with white roof and black scenic canvas, and polished hinges.
CE3E38A8-A7CF-43DB-927B-0DE0CC34D5E5.jpeg 3BE51734-36D9-4C6A-921A-EED3422BB44B.jpeg 1BE68941-22B2-4DCB-A0AA-565D438ED6CF.jpeg 0B15ADAA-E017-46F0-A550-C015AED6C3A5.jpeg

Found a couple of snags thus far, the main ones being that the parking sensors and reversing camera aren’t working; just get a message on the screen saying “parking assistant is not available” and the “P” button on the dash flashes. Any ideas? @Pauly @Loz?

I think flashing is an indication of a fault
Would need to plug it into VCDS to see what it comes up with, Carista will give you an idea of codes but not always so helpful

Could a rear sensor plug have been pulled out when moving loom?
Just din’t know. The rear wiper works as does the tailgate lock, and I think they are both fed from the white plug that is up high on the near side. Don’t know if this is what also feeds the camera and sensors.

Just din’t know. The rear wiper works as does the tailgate lock, and I think they are both fed from the white plug that is up high on the near side. Don’t know if this is what also feeds the camera and sensors.

ALM. Couldnt help! Shurgg of shoulders

I don’t have a camera so cannot comment (but imagine it would come through the connector plug in the top rear nearside corner), but the sensor loom runs down to a plug in the bottom offside corner before then running out of the van.

I’ve a HiLo and mine played up too. It became intermittent and would sometimes switch back on and off in reverse. I unplugged and plugged the connector blocks, pulled around the wiring, gave each sensor a tug at the rear connector and so far so good :-/
With the weather having changed, I’m thinking it’s either rainwater in the sill causing grief, or it’s a snagged wire in the roof lining (caused by the roof).

Good luck.

I don’t have a camera so cannot comment (but imagine it would come through the connector plug in the top rear nearside corner), but the sensor loom runs down to a plug in the bottom offside corner before then running out of the van.

I’ve a HiLo and mine played up too. It became intermittent and would sometimes switch back on and off in reverse. I unplugged and plugged the connector blocks, pulled around the wiring, gave each sensor a tug at the rear connector and so far so good :-/
With the weather having changed, I’m thinking it’s either rainwater in the sill causing grief, or it’s a snagged wire in the roof lining (caused by the roof).

Good luck.
Cheers @Ads_Essex, going to have to drop the side pieces down from the underside of the roof to take a closer look at the rear connector plug. Didn’t know there was another one further down. Will trace the wires back to that one and give a wiggle as well. Cheers.

Looks great @DaveyB :thumbsup:

Just behind the passenger side D pillar (on my van anyway) there is a box that the reversing sensor loom is plugged into. Thais is right by where the Hilo drain tubes run. Maybe the plug has been disturbed

Looks great @DaveyB :thumbsup:

Just behind the passenger side D pillar (on my van anyway) there is a box that the reversing sensor loom is plugged into. Thais is right by where the Hilo drain tubes run. Maybe the plug has been disturbed
Yeas that’s what i’m hoping is the case. Will get the side roof cover trim unscrewed to check it as soon as I get a chance.

Yeas that’s what i’m hoping is the case. Will get the side roof cover trim unscrewed to check it as soon as I get a chance.
It’s not up there mate, it’s down behind the rear light cluster.

It’s not up there mate, it’s down behind the rear light cluster.
Ah, even better cheers @Deaky. Quicker and easier to get to. The rear drain pipes on mine go in to the top of the wheel arches, is that where yours go?

Ah, even better cheers @Deaky. Quicker and easier to get to. The rear drain pipes on mine go in to the top of the wheel arches, is that where yours go?
No, they poke out of the rear slam vents

Back