Hilo roof booked for feb

Just a follow up to the HiLo Carbon.

Had another conversation with Dean at VanDoc and he has checked with Wayne(HiLo) to confirm that the carbon roof option is an effect, NOT full carbon weave as previously told. The carbon effect(quote) is ontop of the standard fibreglasd roof.
Dean also said that the Carbon effect was an addition £450ish and 9month lead time.

HiLo are in the process of designing a new variant that is more in keeping the the open height of SCA poptop, to try and rival 'Poptop uk'.

Imo there are still a few more design/tweeks that HiLo could do but I think its vastly improved since the poor customer feed back, as few years ago.
Good to know, cheers @Fish. I noted some comments on another thread last night about poptops. There were a couple of comments relating to the securing bolts for the hill, however IMO that's the thing I like about that roof, its secured well rather than what I've seen on other roofs which I just don't feel is quite as robust.

At VanDoc the bolts that are mentioned in the corners are trimmed and then carpeted. More fibre glassing is done/added to hide some of the roof structure and makes the overal finish look great from VanDoc.

Alot of the work with the HiLo is the finishing touches like covering the bolts, carpeted trim/cover plate etc.

Some fitters are just not good and i have heard that some even leave out structrual parts due to laziness..

HiLo team are now "striking" companies off there recomended lists due to poor workmanship.

I thought the addition of 4 extra straps, on the back of the canvas was simple yet effective in pulling the canvas in whilst lovering the top.

I was not overly keen on the overall open height as I thought it was alittle to high and looked an add on feature, if that makes sence. The sca look more factory and 'normal' sizes.

20170114_095416.jpg 20170114_094003.jpg 20170114_093958.jpg

one of the main things for me is to try and maintain a sleek looking roof.

The Hilo only raises the height of your van by 15mm so mine will come in at 1985 to the top of my roof bars happy with that under the 2mtr mark :) I will limbo under them barriers :cool:

Well I've just dropped the van off at xtremevan and said goodbye to it for a week nice little set up jay has there and a fellow t6 owner a 16 plate black 180 manual t6 kombi,

Can't wait to see it all done in the flesh, it'll be a drool fest.
One thing that worries me ever so slightly about the hilo is how much it lowers the internal roof line by, by virtue of it being so snug to the outside original roof height. Just with me being 6'5". May have to test drive your driving position to settle that one and only teeny weeny concern.

Can't wait to see it all done in the flesh, it'll be a drool fest.
One thing that worries me ever so slightly about the hilo is how much it lowers the internal roof line by, by virtue of it being so snug to the outside original roof height. Just with me being 6'5". May have to test drive your driving position to settle that one and only teeny weeny concern.
I'm 5'8 so a short ass so think I will be ok Mrs t is 5'10
Just got to find my caravelle triple seat and will be booking the van in with Colin in oxford to fit my rails , if you off that day could meet up and you could test it out before you commit

I'm 5'8 so a short ass so think I will be ok Mrs t is 5'10
Just got to find my caravelle triple seat and will be booking the van in with Colin in oxford to fit my rails , if you off that day could meet up and you could test it out before you commit
Even if at work, I'm based in Kidlington which is no more than 10 miles from Witney where Colin is based. Can pop over and grab a costa or something.

Hell bud, its really happening...
Looks great mate!.
What spec did you finish on matey?.

Loving the lights and speed of work!.

Hell bud, its really happening...
Looks great mate!.
What spec did you finish on matey?.

Loving the lights and speed of work!.
They were working on the van till 12 last night and 9 tonight hit it hard at beginning of the week jay said takes the pressure off.
Spec was colour coded roof
Scenic black canvas
Polished hinges
Led lights 5 led downlights 2 either side and one in the rear centre
X 2 flexi switched reading lights on separate circuit and a flexi in front of van to throw light into roof area.
X2 touch sensitive led downlights in rear hatch
Did want x4 touch sensitive led downlights in the roof bed area but issues with the roof being high at the rear may have trailing cables when closed prone to damage so couldn't have that which I'm abit disappointed with .
So I'm going to have to sell them

Selling??. More info for PM pls.

As for your disapointment.. could these for be done off a small roof solar panel and small lithium battery pack?.

Selling??. More info for PM pls.

As for your disapointment.. could these for be done off a small roof solar panel and small lithium battery pack?.
To be honest didn't think of solar panel and battery bank.
Just thought touch sensitive lights so kids could switch off when up in the roof

Back