Hilo and Reimo 3000 or uberbus flux

I've recently had a variotech 3000 fitted with my hilo.

Works well &great piece of kit but headroom isnt ideal. I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the back but not straight up on the seat. Wouldnt be comfortable for far.

Fine for kids & shorties but I imagine the RIB will be even higher.

I've recently had a variotech 3000 fitted with my hilo.

Works well &great piece of kit but headroom isnt ideal. I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the back but not straight up on the seat. Wouldnt be comfortable for far.

Fine for kids & shorties but I imagine the RIB will be even higher.
Can you share some pictures please when it’s fixed at the back and at the front for headroom? Choosing the rib over the variotech was a big decision lol

One of the deciding factors for the rib was the multiple locking locations over the variotech... was around 1k cheaper too but wasn’t too bothered about that.

my kids are 6 and 2 so don’t think I’ll have as much a issue as me and the wife are only 5ft 9 and sat in a few fixed rib and Hilo combos

One of the deciding factors for the rib was the multiple locking locations over the variotech... was around 1k cheaper too but wasn’t too bothered about that.

my kids are 6 and 2 so don’t think I’ll have as much a issue as me and the wife are only 5ft 9 and sat in a few fixed rib and Hilo combos

Variotech 3000 has multiple locking positions in SWB as long as rails are bonded in, bolted version and the 333 are limited.

Mine's bonded so it's lockable in 3/4 positions.
Ah cool... I’ve already paid the deposit on the rib, what would be good I think for everyone is if we compared the two with us both having Hilos. I’ll get some pics up when mines done

Good evening all, I'm new to the VW world having only just bought my T6 shuttle as my base vehicle for a camper conversion, maybe not the first choice as a base vehicle but I need the extra seats at the moment. Anyway, back tho the conversion, our budget is about £12,000, we want the Hilo roof and a sliding bed system, can I get this and a decent set of units for this money? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Good evening all, I'm new to the VW world having only just bought my T6 shuttle as my base vehicle for a camper conversion, maybe not the first choice as a base vehicle but I need the extra seats at the moment. Anyway, back tho the conversion, our budget is about £12,000, we want the Hilo roof and a sliding bed system, can I get this and a decent set of units for this money? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Depends if you go for the surf Hilo or the original one... original wise your looking at about 5k I think. Beds on rails all depends... you can get one from 3k such as Crystal campers in Leeds, going onto uberbus flux or California ones and then reimo upto 6k.

Some places offer packages for conversions so best start there based on who does the hilos, I’m doing mine in stages and using different companies to get the end product... may cost more but it will be exactly what I want

£ 5k for the roof.
£ 2.5k for a bed on rails.
£ 2k for furniture.

Your just getting started though.

Theres a build list on my Shuttle conversion if that's of use in this link

Panadonkia - A Shuttle Conversion

And some more info and pictures here

T6 Shuttle Conversion

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll take a look at your build list to get an idea of what we are getting ourselves into.

Thank you, I'll take a look at your build list to get an idea of what we are getting ourselves into.
Worth going to some shows and checking the products out, I went to busfest a week after getting my van which helped loads. Everyone has different requirements

I’m getting a rib with flux system and have a Hilo should be fitted next month so will post some pics

I’m getting a rib with flux system and have a Hilo should be fitted next month so will post some pics

Is the flux system the rails? So basically its a RIB bed on Rails? Are you not concerned about the height of the RIB and reduced headspace?

The thing I quite like about the Titan system is the backrest can be adjusted in angle to make it more comfortable to sit on and is . also legal to carry passengers with the backrest at different angles.

Is the flux system the rails? So basically its a RIB bed on Rails? Are you not concerned about the height of the RIB and reduced headspace?

The thing I quite like about the Titan system is the backrest can be adjusted in angle to make it more comfortable to sit on and is . also legal to carry passengers with the backrest at different angles.
It’s the biggest ongoing debate for hilos, I’ve sat in some thanks to some of the lowdown guys which had a static rib and Hilo. Found it fine and the kids will be in the back anyway... most of the time they will be more towards the front and it’s higher towards the front.

Yes though it’s a rib on Vw rails, was torn between that and the reimo system but you can’t lock that in as many places.

When it’s in I’ll get some measurements, the flux system has a shorter frame due to the floor being higher so it’s the same height as a static one but your feet is closer to the floor when sitting which is also a problem with ribs.

No the bonded Reimo system is tested in all six seating positions and is the smoothest of them all in my opinion, and you also sleep on the reverse of the seat like the rib, but the seating height is a lot lower

Sorry to reply to an old thread but any chance of some measurements of the height of a Reimo variotech 3000 from floor to top of base cushion (ie where you park you bum!) so I can see if this would be a good solution for our conversions or whether height is going to be an issue.

Any photos of variotech 3000’s installed also appreciated.

Thanks

Back