Hilo and Reimo 3000 or uberbus flux

I'm looking at supplier to have a full conversion done with a rail system in next few weeks.
I am torn between the RIB/Flux system of Uberbus and the Reimo or VW cali setup. I like the RIB sleep on the back of the set idea and then now need for a topper?
Doesn't the Reimo rail system only allow for 2 locked positions in the SWB and 3 in the LWB?

Where are as the Flux and Cal are every 120mm?

The Crystal Custom Campers slide rail system locks anywhere along the rails and can be removed from any point also. Also an extra double can be added / removed without the need to remove the bed first

Https://crystalcustomcampers.com

That looks ok. But I'm still more inclined to the RIB seat as would prefer the flatter sleeping surface offered. Also an electric motor seems unnecessary and more prone to failure.

There are manual and electric versions, but of course it's a matter of personal taste and priorities :) Enjoy whatever you do choose :)

That looks ok. But I'm still more inclined to the RIB seat as would prefer the flatter sleeping surface offered. Also an electric motor seems unnecessary and more prone to failure.
Know what you mean... in a ideal world I’d be getting a rib but doesn’t work with the Hilo so I’m so far going Crystal camper route.

Know what you mean... in a ideal world I’d be getting a rib but doesn’t work with the Hilo so I’m so far going Crystal camper route.

You know that HiLo do a lower bed now? XtremeVan had one in their workshop just before Christmas

You know that HiLo do a lower bed now? XtremeVan had one in their workshop just before Christmas
Hilo don’t do a bed, xtremevan do which they got in around then... but I want one on rails to move the kids close to us and have bigger space behind.

If rib did a better profile bed for the uberbus flux that would be a winner. However I think the height of the rib is due to its layout anyway

Does anyone know how the seat cushion height of the Riemo Variotech? Debating that and a Hilo but am 6ft 3 and do sit in the back now and then with the roof down briefly.

Does anyone know how the seat cushion height of the Riemo Variotech? Debating that and a Hilo but am 6ft 3 and do sit in the back now and then with the roof down briefly.
I'm also wondering this however the price of the Reimo also puts me off

Have you looked at a caravelle rails setup?
Yeah a local place to me Northshore are fitting one in a T6 and waiting for the seat to come in... they have the rails in it already, looks tidy but with me having the hilo i need to know head height... and about 6k.

At the moment i'm going Crystal Campers and their slide solution but won't be getting it done till later this year i think with everything else i have going on... maybe another solution will come along that operates like a Reimo / RIB but not as high for a Hilo roof

We have the Reimo 3000 system. The only issue we have is with the amount of dirt/dust that collects in the rails, which are far more exposed and wider than the California rails. We try to cover them with a mat when we don't need to slide the seat. Pity they haven't found a solution to this issue (apart from a smallish paint brush and a powerful vacuum cleaner!); surely not rocket science. Any suggestions?

No the bonded Reimo system is tested in all six seating positions and is the smoothest of them all in my opinion, and you also sleep on the reverse of the seat like the rib, but the seating height is a lot lower

No the bonded Reimo system is tested in all six seating positions and is the smoothest of them all in my opinion, and you also sleep on the reverse of the seat like the rib, but the seating height is a lot lower
Yeah just been sent some pics from Northshore conversions of the Reimo and looks great! Like you say similar to rib but shorter seating height so hopefully great for Hilo owners.

I’m now torn between the Reimo or the Crystal Canpers solution

As already stated our Flux RIB is the same height above the wheel arch as a standard RIB so the relationship between the seat and the roof is the same as a standard RIB however, the floor is raised to accommodate the rails so the height above the floor is reduced. The Flux RIB is different to a standard RIB in leg position and height to marry up with our adaption frame.

We use the Caravelle rails which have rubber dust seals so no chance of any large objects falling in the rails and jamming the seat and the seat can be locked every 12mm to travel. To move the seat it is a single handed lock to release and it rolls very easily on the tracks due to the nylon wheels.

The Flux and any RIB works well with any roof that doesn't have reduced head height in the rear and we have fitted them with Reimo and SCA roofs. We have also fitted them to vans with Hilo roofs but have explained the reduced head height and customers have been happy to accept this.
UBERBUS

Oh well so looks like it’s either

Crystal Campers or
Smart bed evolution

Need to see the smart bed one in person though

I have a smart bed evo in my outgoing van - and in a LWB the rails do not go far enough to have rear passengers seating in the kombi position - also I think a fair bit of height is added by the rails.

I have a deposit down with Cambee and their flex on rails system: Flex Bed Track System – Cambee Shop

I went round the houses and back again. My California system is being fitted at the moment. It moves easily comfy to sit on it's not too high either. Works really well as bed too. It has good storage underneath and you can remove the rear section of needed.

Just to bring back this post, after massive too-ing and fro-ing the uberbus flux is happening! Can’t wait!

Yes I have a Hilo and no I’m not bothered! I’ve sat on multiple rib and Hilo combinations now and have no concerns on the height.Roll on fitment date and thanks @Clough for your discussions with northshore!

This sounds like the perfect combination for what i am after and would be very interested to see how the finished product looks together! we need a seating system that can be moved forward to accommodate the dogs crate and any camping gear like a drive away awning etc.
Just to bring back this post, after massive too-ing and fro-ing the uberbus flux is happening! Can’t wait!

Yes I have a Hilo and no I’m not bothered! I’ve sat on multiple rib and Hilo combinations now and have no concerns on the height.Roll on fitment date and thanks @Clough for your discussions with northshore!

Back