Hilo and Reimo 3000 or uberbus flux

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
hi this is proving to be a headache!

I want a super sleek roof and from what I’ve seen think the Hilo may tol the low life one when the aluminium frame is out.

Anyway with the shirted head height of the Hilo I do want a bed that’s on rails to maximise rear space, bring the kids forward and also as the Hilo slopes down towards the rear it might improve head height.

I know ribs are normally quite high and uberbus have said they wouldn’t recommend unless I’m 5ft 4.

That makes me think is the Reimo 3000 on rails the better option? Does anyone have either and provide their thoughts?

We've got a variotech 3000 and a reimo easy up roof. Head room is not a problem.

I can't imagine having a fixed seat now, it would be impossible for us to make the most of the van without. We have 2 kids, bikes, gear and use it as a daily driver too. We need the flexibility.

Our kids are still in child seats. The variotech 3000 came (specified) with isofix. This means the kids seats are mounted more positively to the seat. When they aren't in the seats they don't go flying.

We also condidered the crashworthiness, which is hard to do objectively. I also managed to try both in bed mode.

If we had any complaints about our seat, it would be that the seat part, where you bottom goes, is flatter than a car seat which usually slopes down towards the back of the vehicle a little, this means the kids seats don't recline quite as much as we'd like. Also due to the height the kids are a long way form having their feet on the floor.

All in all we like the bed, we like the parcel shelf offered when in seat mode, we love the sliding element. We spent a while and role of the furry part of stinky back Velcro eliminating rattles.

We rented a van with a Reimo bed (300 I think) and then bought one with a RIB with the RIB 200mm slider.
Slide wise ours is fine, but it is high. Mrs Chopman finds it a bit uncomfortable to sit on when we're stopped as her feet don't reach the floor.

keaney the 3000 system is head and shoulders above the rest so versatile id have it everyday over anything else any questions you want answering give me a shout

keaney the 3000 system is head and shoulders above the rest so versatile id have it everyday over anything else any questions you want answering give me a shout

Out of interest did you look at the reimo 3000 bed,the smart bed evolution and any others, as I still have to go through the same searches ?
Not only for the most comfortable seat but also for the most flat bed when used , plus full sliding .
Thanks in advance

Yeah I’m still considering options and thanks for the comments.

The choice being he reimo or the rib is due to the fact you sleep on the other side and can put the back up while laying flat.

I think I’m going to go with the low life roof where you don’t lose any headroom meaning I could go rib... tough choice.

Getting air suspension done first so have plenty of time to keep reviewing till the next stage of roof and bed

I'm a authorised installer for the Reimo 3000 bonded system and for the Rib bed both well made Reimo is expensive specially the bonded system as it's £25 cost price for a tube of the bond and you use 15 of them so that's £375 just for sticking the rails down, but the way it glides up and down the van I personally love it, it would be the 3000 system every day for me

I'm a authorised installer for the Reimo 3000 bonded system and for the Rib bed both well made Reimo is expensive specially the bonded system as it's £25 cost price for a tube of the bond and you use 15 of them so that's £375 just for sticking the rails down, but the way it glides up and down the van I personally love it, it would be the 3000 system every day for me
Have you installed a rib on the uberbus flux system which uses rails?

Uberbus did my conversion - but I didn't have the flux rails fitted.
I was told by them that the floor is higher when the flux rails are fitted, but the overall height of the RIB is the same as for a regular floor. There is a minimum height for the RIB seat base because of the design of the frame itself and the fact that it needs to clear the wheel arches in the van.

Yeah this has been my problem as I wanted a Hilo or low life. Low life you don’t lose headroom supposedly.

Are the reimos much lower than the rib?

Yes the REIMO 3000 is lower than the Rib bed and not that I've seen them installed but i could only think if they are adding something to the lower frame it would only make it higher on the flux, again roofs me personally I wouldn't touch any roof other than SCA or Reimo name me a roof that is in the uk that is actually finished to the perfect quality that these to companies provide, yes you get the odd niggle from time to time, I've been fitting these roofs for nearly six years and I've probably had 3 problems that i can recall that someone has had to come back to us for us to rectify a manufacturing problem

In assuming the frame for the reimo must be smaller so that it fits around the wheel arch.

Roof wise I hear what your saying and a number of local installers recommend reimo. However I want something more low profile hence the Hilo or low-life... I know with these there are pros and cons similar to the reimo adding height externally

The Reimo bed if you have it as far over as possible to the sliding door you have to flatten the wheel arch very slightly which you can't see when it's carpeted, this then allows you to get wider units in.

Camperman1 will you fit REIMO high roofs if I ever need another? It will be for a LWB T6.

Another query, is the 3000 seat the same height as the 333?

Thanks Rod

Going to Reimo in November will ask the question if I can see one fitted as not sure what model it is you are talking about, at the moment we only fit the easy fit Reimo roofs, regards the height of the 3000 system it is the same I think as I haven't got one to measure as we don't fit the 333 system anymore since the 3000 system came out

As far as I know there is only one REIMO high roof for the LWB T6 and that's the Ergoline. I've had four over the past ten years.

Rod

Ady Beckwith at Crystal Custom Campers UK in Leeds fits hilo roofs and has his own awesome M1 tested slide rail bed system designed for maximum headroom with a Hilo and other roofs. It gives an extra 4'' or so and legs don't dangle like on others. More affordable than the reimo and rib options too. Https://crystalcustomcampers.com

Ady Beckwith at Crystal Custom Campers UK in Leeds fits hilo roofs and has his own awesome M1 tested slide rail bed system designed for maximum headroom with a Hilo and other roofs. It gives an extra 4'' or so and legs don't dangle like on others. More affordable than the reimo and rib options too. Https://crystalcustomcampers.com
Yeah I will be using Ady for his seats after he fits my Hilo next week haha

I'm looking at supplier to have a full conversion done with a rail system in next few weeks.
I am torn between the RIB/Flux system of Uberbus and the Reimo or VW cali setup. I like the RIB sleep on the back of the set idea and then now need for a topper?
Doesn't the Reimo rail system only allow for 2 locked positions in the SWB and 3 in the LWB?

Where are as the Flux and Cal are every 120mm?

Back