High rear end after H&R -40mm

csnell71

What wheel and tyre size have you got on ?? In pics looks totally standard like the van has had no drop at all. I've got -40mm springs on as well but on an empty T32 4Motion with DSG LWB with 20 x 9 all round on 40 profile tyres. So even though empty, a bit of extra weight from the DSG and 4Motion but obviously not the weight of a camper and associated kit. Leighton Vans have a huge showroom which I've been in a few times and they fit -40mm springs as standard with 20x9 as part of their LV Sports pack conversion (not campers). None of their vans look like yours either. IMHO something isn't right, or it's just that your wheels are tiny making it look like that. Mine looks like this empty :
20180827_233238.jpg

It's got 18s because I wanted a smoother ride without scrubbing on lock, but I must admit it doesn't look right, have been for a ride yet so it's possible it hasn't bedded down properly yet.

Are you sure you bought the correct H&R spring kit there are 4 options . most sellers struggle to understand the difference , oer just sell what they have

can you confirm the part number you purchased and ill tell you what the problem is !!
Also did you take measurements before and after . let me have those as well please

H&R springs don't bed down , quality springs wont settle !

There are 4 kits including the T 32 ( it isn't that much different to the other models , just comes with heavier rated springs from factory , thicker roll bars and bigger brakes . ) what was the part number on the box

Looking at the van I would guess they have fitted 29270-3 please confirm if you kept the box ??

It's got 18s because I wanted a smoother ride without scrubbing on lock

Not sure what makes you think any of that. I've got 20's on with no scrubbing on lock or speed bumps. "Smoother ride" is obviously subjective and dependent on your van type and configuration and your personal preferences. You are already talking to Steve @CRS Performance. He has plenty of expertise and options for lowering with comfort, from comfort shocks to go with your springs, to fully adjustable coilover kits. If you actually would prefer to run bigger rims to get a certain 'look', don't write that desire off until you've read some of the posts on here and talked to someone like Steve who has posted extensively on this subject.

Last edited:
I wanted 20s and the guy at vanstyle advised against it which I accepted. Kinda wishing I hadn't gone for the 18s now. I'll have to talk to them tomorrow guess.

Apologies I cant find any reference to that part number on any of the boxes i have here , BUT talking to ECP that is the number they issue for the
29270-3 this spring has the lower front and higher rear spring in the box , I would fit this to a Camper converted vehicle with 2 wd, SWB , and manual . If this helps .,if you need more info let me know

Hi Steve @CRS Performance sorry to jump in but mine sits high at the back and I’ve just checked it’s on 29270-2. We don’t carry or tow anything and had your Koni shocks fitted earlier this year. Which number spring would you recommend to lower the back end ? Thanks

Hi Steve @CRS Performance sorry to jump in but mine sits high at the back and I’ve just checked it’s on 29270-2. We don’t carry or tow anything and had your Koni shocks fitted earlier this year. Which number spring would you recommend to lower the back end ? Thanks
the part numbers are very confusing the - 2 kit is heavy front spring and light rear , BUT if the spring part number says -2 on it then its the heavier spring
Very confusing granted , You need the - 1 spring to lower the rear .

Thanks Steve @CRS Performance. If I take a look in the morning what should be on the front ones too ? And do you just sell the rears -1 should I need those ?

Last edited:
Ill have a look what split kits i have and -1 rears that arent complete in a kit

I would have said if you have a long wheel base van the heavy front and rear kit would be correct 29270-4 . If you have - 1 springs in the front it means the kit you have is 29270-3 ( heavy rear light front ) and i use that in a camper conversion . please measure the rake see attached picture so we can be sure

Transporter measurments  .jpg

Back