High Beam Assist

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have this fitted but I'd like it to be on by default - not have to turn it on manually every time. I've found there is an adaptation on some platforms to reset HBA which basically turns it off when you cycle the ignition. If you set this to inactive then HBA state will persist until you either turn it off again or turn the lights off auto.

The only problem is I don't have this in the list of adaptations. Would I need to enter the security number to reveal more adaptations or maybe it can be coded instead? Any VCDS guru's know :inlove:

I have this fitted but I'd like it to be on by default - not have to turn it on manually every time. I've found there is an adaptation on some platforms to reset HBA which basically turns it off when you cycle the ignition. If you set this to inactive then HBA state will persist until you either turn it off again or turn the lights off auto.
Indeed on T6.1 it is an BCM (module 09) adaptation:
upload_2019-12-16_21-9-56.png
Would I need to enter the security number to reveal more adaptations or maybe it can be coded instead?
Entering the security access code won't reveal any more or hidden adaptations. However T6 BCM has quite a few undocumented (=not listed) adaptations, though they can be accessed by their actual channel number.

Unfortunately the feature is still unknown on T6. However @Spookybear discovered in thread ---> High Beam Assist - How I Eventually Fettled It :-) that T6 BCM (undocumented in VCDS) adaptation channels 53 & 54 are required by HBA.

As adaptation channels in the T6 BCM seem to be grouped by their functionality, an adventurous mind would try tweaking uncharted adaptation channels 50, 51, 52, 55, 56, 57, 58, or 59 to see if the desired happens :eek:. By simply replacing current value of "0" by "1", or current value "1" by "0".

Indeed on T6.1 it is an BCM (module 09) adaptation:

Entering the security access code won't reveal any more or hidden adaptations. However T6 BCM has quite a few undocumented (=not listed) adaptations, though they can be accessed by their actual channel number.

Unfortunately the feature is still unknown on T6. However @Spookybear discovered in thread ---> High Beam Assist - How I Eventually Fettled It :-) that T6 BCM (undocumented in VCDS) adaptation channels 53 & 54 are required by HBA.

As adaptation channels in the T6 BCM seem to be grouped by their functionality, an adventurous mind would try tweaking uncharted adaptation channels 50, 51, 52, 55, 56, 57, 58, or 59 to see if the desired happens :eek:. By simply replacing current value of "0" by "1", or current value "1" by "0".

I did just that, went 10 adaptions either way but couldnt get mine to be persistant so just resigned to the fact of manually enabling it in the T6 :-(

The only problem is I don't have this in the list of adaptations. Would I need to enter the security number to reveal more adaptations or maybe it can be coded instead? Any VCDS guru's know :inlove:
It is controlled by BCM coding, I have discovered this when I was doing my LED retrofit.

Reactions: mmi
As I already said, I have activated it accidentally when I was working out the BCM coding for my LED headlights retrofit. I was so concentrated on my new LED lights that I have ignored this result and never documented it in any way. But it was done by tweaking BCM coding only. If I find some spare time I will try to repeat that process and I will share with my findings :thumbsup:.

Reactions: mmi
@Robert did you ever managed to find the adaptation channel that needs tweaking to enable HBA to be on by default (or probably more accurately 'last setting')?

It's a bit annoying to have one car with it default on another with it not... (Oh first world problems!!!)

Back