jack454

Salesman
T6 Pro
hi
new member here,
just found the forum, looks a good source of info

Hence, i dont know if anyone can help

i made a schoolboy error today, and decided to change the bulbs in my T6 kombi,
all went well, until the retaining clip ( the springy one ) that holds the rear access cover on decided to fall off and dissapear into the unkown

i have spent 6 hrs attempting to find it, and also looking for a replacement part, BUT, seems like it only comes as part of a full headlight assembly

does anyone have a smashedn/s headlight that is available for spares with the part on it, as currently its taped on and i really dont want to lose it??

trouble its a company Kombi, and i really shouldnt have been fiddling :(

many thanks and if you can help, please let me know

by the way, its a 17 plate kombi, and the first vw I've had after giving up on cars, and its spot on

thanks
kris

Last edited:
@Pauly & @Dellmassive are two gents that are down with parts so they maybe able to help. You're not the first to have this issue and you wont be the last. I shall see if I can find a few threads on the topic and link them for you.

@Pauly & @Dellmassive are two gents that are down with parts so they maybe able to help. You're not the first to have this issue and you wont be the last. I shall see if I can find a few threads on the topic and link them for you.

many thanks ed webb

I've been trawling all the scrappys, breakers all over the place for a clip

no-ones breaking them yet lol :)

i dont even need the whole headlight, the the spring clip thing that holds the access cover on, am prepared to travel to pick up, to save me getting the sack for fiddling with it

its bad enough, as just had to re engine it after 31k, due to a sump plug not being nipped up after serviceing ( not by dealership) :(
less said about that the better :(

sorry mate, that one looks like its for a peugeot?

i also have the h4 headlights on this one, so dont know if it is different,
its the spring clip that holds this access cover on?

View attachment 32433

for reference , i seem to confuse people, it is the spring clip only that holds the rear acess cover on that has gone missing and i cant find it
i have the cover on but heavily taped at present

sorry to confuse and any help really appreciated

ps, managed to do the bulb changes without removing any bits ie air box top or battery slide :)
thats possibly why the cover clip pinged off into ??, god knows where

A touch expensive for what it is but i can source one for you if required

View attachment 32514

That would be bang on mate
I can’t do PayPal or owt like that , but can arrange payment other ways if ok
Please drop me a pm and I will take it from there if that ok ?
Rather than clog thread up

Many thanks.
Kris ( jack454)

sorry to be a pain

another question

during the summer, some helpful fool decided to pull out in front of me and ripped the bumper off, n/s wing mirror off

it all got repaired, seemed fine n dandy, until it has started to get cooler

cannot for the life of me get the heated mirrors to work, either side, so my assumption is that it may have fused when the mirror got wrenched off

BUT

where on earth is the fuse for the heated side of the mirrors ( both ns and o/s adjustments work ok) so assume the heated mirrors are possibly on a different fuse

someone said there is 3 x fuse boxes on the vehicle ( T32 Kombi) on a 17 plate?, 1 in the engine bay under the battery tray, and 2 more?

any ideas, as im stumped

Only fuse i can see for mirrors is SC17 which is the dash fusebox, not sure if that does the adjustment or heating or both ??
Fusebox C Position.PNG Fusebox C Layout.PNG

Back