Hilo Roof Recall...

Sup Man

Could somebody help me?????
I dont usually use forums but im at wits end.!
Hi lo have recalled my roof, they do not answer emails, their phone is out of service.
I spent nearly 4k on this roof and havnt been able to use it.
The screw down design has distorted the fibre glass shell and the rear gas struts are coming away from the roof...

Help anybody please???

You probably need a few more details about the timeline of what’s actually happened.

Could somebody help me?????
I dont usually use forums but im at wits end.!
Hi lo have recalled my roof, they do not answer emails, their phone is out of service.
I spent nearly 4k on this roof and havnt been able to use it.
The screw down design has distorted the fibre glass shell and the rear gas struts are coming away from the roof...

Help anybody please???
Go back to your installer, they should sort it out for you. Have you had the letter from HiLo with the temporary strap?

Yes had the letter and got the strap in place. Spoke to company who did installation, they said that Hi LO sent down a guy at the time to do installation as it was a new design and training was required. The guy did a poor job on the detail. As i said i have emailed Hi lo and tried calling, number out of use. Is the company still going.? If so its communications are very poor>

That’s pretty shocking if it was actually a HiLo guy that installed it. Very worrying if they’re not responding to emails/calls too. Is their head office at all local to you? I’d be banging their door down at this point if I could.

That’s pretty shocking if it was actually a HiLo guy that installed it. Very worrying if they’re not responding to emails/calls too. Is their head office at all local to you? I’d be banging their door down at this point if I could.
As you can imagine im pretty pisx@&d off, im based on the south coast and i believe they are in Preston. so not really round the corner. Really not a good service....i appreciate they may be up against the work load on the recal, but surly you would have a structure in place to keep the customer advised...Im worried....

Surely this should be sent back to your installer? They fitted it and warranty it. It's down to them to resolve.

I don't have a HiLo myself but from what I've read/heard they have asked people to contact there installer.

Did you pay Revampavan or hi lo?

I had mine fitted in may supposedly by them but they were to busy only booked in with them since the December before when I paid my deposit never told me they could not do it until I got there but asked me to leave with them.They found a fitter and told me van was trailered there two weeks later went to collect van paint chip on tailgate handbrake lever broken and a flat front tyre tried to contact Kerri no response pumped tyre up had a nail in fitter put on second hand handbrake lever and off I went with an assurance chips away would repair my chip.I got my tyre repaired and put it down to experience but when I went to camper jam roof started leaking in 3 places absolutely gutted so got vehicle back and took it into workshop and had a good look over there is 10 or so faults I have been in touch with Hilo and they say fitter has to do it contacted fitter waiting for response that was 2 weeks ago emailed Hilo guess what no reply.I was at Rutland this weekend and had a fantastic time and someone told me they were booked up until next feb.I am appalled by them and their service I now have a tea towel for a overhead console in a 2017 plate van are they bothered I think not

Hmmm certainly not a good service you've received by any party by the sounds of things.

Did you actually pay Revampavan for the roof? Is your invoice from Revampavan?

my last contact with hi lo and fitter was on the 8/7/2019 where the fitter said he would be in touch so i could take my van back in i have heard nothing from either of them so i am going to get it inspected elsewhere and go from there.Based on my experience i now have a van that leaks and didn't before and the fact they just don't get back to you i now regret my decision to have a hi lo roof fitted massively and more so been under the impression that waiting and taking to them at their factory would ensure a quality job where they farmed it out to one of their fitters because they were to busy was a big mistake on my part letting them do that

Hi all
Happy ending.... i hope.!

Hi lo responded quickly and picked up the van on Monday to fit a new roof.

Lee, who has been left the job to pick up all the pieces was very helpful.
The problem i feel, lies with the company structure, from what i can gather the two owners have nothing to do with it and its all left to Lee to sort out.
They need to get someone in to structure up the company and give the customer care where its needed. Some investment required!

my last contact with hi lo and fitter was on the 8/7/2019 where the fitter said he would be in touch so i could take my van back in i have heard nothing from either of them so i am going to get it inspected elsewhere and go from there.Based on my experience i now have a van that leaks and didn't before and the fact they just don't get back to you i now regret my decision to have a hi lo roof fitted massively and more so been under the impression that waiting and taking to them at their factory would ensure a quality job where they farmed it out to one of their fitters because they were to busy was a big mistake on my part letting them do that
Hi Gaz, perhaps you can speak to @Sup Man to see how he got his sorted with Hi Lo direct... don't lose faith!

Fair play to Lee at Hi Lo, Van returned and roof looking great. Cant complain about the service after the event.
Lee defiantly went the extra mile.....Hope you all get resolved so0n..

Mine goes in on Monday. Just in time, because over the past 7 days of typical Scottish weather (rain rain and a bit more rain thrown in for good measure), I have found that I have joined the leaking Hilo club as well as the creaking Hilo club, the peeling off Hilo wind deflector club, and the friction holes in canvas Hilo club.

Mine goes in on Monday. Just in time, because over the past 7 days of typical Scottish weather (rain rain and a bit more rain thrown in for good measure), I have found that I have joined the leaking Hilo club as well as the creaking Hilo club, the peeling off Hilo wind deflector club, and the friction holes in canvas Hilo club.
In fairness to @Deaky's report most if the issues you two are experiencing is down to the installation from @Dean@VanDoc

From HiLo's explanation corners have been cut, or should I say haven't been cut.

Back