Hi from Switzerland

korben

Hi there,

I'm a swiss guy, I we have with my partner a T6 (California Ocean, TSI 150ps, named Bob ;)) since almost 2 years now, and I hope for many, many more years :). I'm already active on french forums and happy and curious to discover other Tx community from different country (it's also an good way to improve my english :D).

2 road-trips so far, Norway in 2016 and Italy in 2017, and completely fan of this kind of travel on the road (not sure if I could have "classic" holidays anymore...). For our road-trip 2018 we've planned to go in England, Scotland and Ireland.

See you !

Welcome to the forum @korben. I had a fantastic European trip last year through Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria into Slovenia then back through Austria, Germany, France, Belgium then back into France. Best trip we've ever done. Sounds like a great roadtrip to UK. Maybe we could all hook up with you somewhere for a mini meet while your here :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Korben . Yes you will learn lots here as well as English . Oh when you Visit the UK whats the matter with Wales ;) We Welsh are quite nice really :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome @korben
We spent the last 3 years holidaying in Switzerland, and fell in love with the country! The cleanliness does wonders for my ODC.
We normally stay in Lauterbrunnen at Camping Jungfrau, but 2017 we went to Brienz, where we will be going back to this year for a week at Camping Aaregg. You're one lucky chap living in such a stunning part of the world.

Thanks for your messages :)

@Deaky, wow that's a nice trip, I can imagine how cool it was ! Why not for a mini meet (but I don't know yet exactly where we gonna go...).

@superflyguy, haha thanks, you couldn't speak "swiss" anyway, we have 4 official languages in Switzerland: german, french, italian and romansh (english is not an official one but still very used ;))

@Aljon, noted, I hope we'll have enough time to see most parts of UK ;)

@Tourershine, cool these are nice places :thumbsup: that's funny, the cleanliness is always something people say about Switzerland (before chocolate haha). I must admit we haven't made any holidays with our T6 in our own country yet :D but I plan to change that ! And tell me if you come arround Geneva ;) (what mean "ODC" by the way ? sorry if it's a basic but I don't get it :D )

@Tourershine, cool these are nice places :thumbsup: that's funny, the cleanliness is always something people say about Switzerland (before chocolate haha). I must admit we haven't made any holidays with our T6 in our own country yet :D but I plan to change that ! And tell me if you come arround Geneva ;) (what mean "ODC" by the way ? sorry if it's a basic but I don't get it :D )

We will pass Geneva in the summer when we leave Sommières in the South of France, and head towards Brienz.
The cleanliness, much better road toll tax system, immaculate tunnels that go for miles, ever changing weather, the Coffee, BMC road bikes, Rolex, and loads of other words spring to mind way before Chocolate in your country.

OCD- Obsessive–compulsive disorder.
It's a loose term we use to indicate someone is a perfectionist for things like cleanliness and things in perfect order etc.
If I said when I park my cars and van on my drive, and they all have to be facing the same way, with all the wheels facing straight forwards, and all perfectly clean, with all the keys in order on hooks. Or, if I go somewhere and have to be there for 8am, I cannot turn up at 7.59, or 8.01, it has to be on the 8.
These would be classed as OCD. I just see it as a normal way of life that drives my wife nuts, which is really a bonus.

Last edited:
Haha nice list :) So if you want to have a drink on your way to Brienz tell me ! And thanks for the OCD definition, I do recognize myself a bit in it too ;)

Welcome on board. You after a van already converted or one for you to convert yourself?

Back