Hi from a new T6 owner from Cornwall! A few little questions also....

CornishT6

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself, names Jamie and we have got our first Transporter, a T6 called Terry (kids idea).
Currently going through the process of insulating and carpeting, going to keep as a Kombi and not a camper (for now).
Look forward to waving back at everyone that waves at me :D

Few random questions I have thought of over the last few months,

• As ours is a 'Startline' is there any form of aftermarket steering wheel controls for volume and track skipping? Ours has nothing.
  • Can a 'Highline' bumper be fitted easily, so we could have gloss black grills and badges? Everywhere seems to say all fitments apart from Startlines.
  • Is there anyway of securing a MTB internally, any off the shelf kits?

Thanks all :)

20220418_150754.jpg

20220418_150828.jpg

Hi there, and welcome...

I'm also a keen MTB rider and had a piece of timber across the rear tie down bolts for ages that I fitted with a fork holder. Nothing fancy but cheap / quick and did the job. Though recently upgraded to one of the forty winks bike racks...

Hi there, and welcome...

I'm also a keen MTB rider and had a piece of timber across the rear tie down bolts for ages that I fitted with a fork holder. Nothing fancy but cheap / quick and did the job. Though recently upgraded to one of the forty winks bike racks...

Brilliant, exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Looks perfect, just wish I had some sort of DIY skills to make that :p

It wasn't that hard, bought a 175x25 plank 1400 long, cut it down to 1320 and cut the corners so it would fit between the door opening better, then measured the distance between the load point bolts and drilled two holes in the plank and painted it black.

Then got the bikes in there with the fork mounts installed in the forks and arranged them in the best way, fixed the mounts to the wood with some nice black allen bolts into m6 pronged nuts in the bottom of the plank.

310B32EC-201A-4F62-817F-E64D3D2BFAE5.jpeg

5821C194-1B51-4397-85E5-88C57B3491D2.jpeg

I've replaced the load point bolts with some wingbolts now too so it's easier to add and remove it

272451F0-D49D-458D-8049-1EA2A631E6ED.jpeg

Tested the whole set up with a trip to the Forest of Dean and Bike Park Wales last weekend and it all works a treat :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It wasn't that hard, bought a 175x25 plank 1400 long, cut it down to 1320 and cut the corners so it would fit between the door opening better, then measured the distance between the load point bolts and drilled two holes in the plank and painted it black.

Then got the bikes in there with the fork mounts installed in the forks and arranged them in the best way, fixed the mounts to the wood with some nice black allen bolts into m6 pronged nuts in the bottom of the plank.

View attachment 156027

View attachment 156026

I've replaced the load point bolts with some wingbolts now too so it's easier to add and remove it

View attachment 156028

Tested the whole set up with a trip to the Forest of Dean and Bike Park Wales last weekend and it all works a treat :thumbsup:
Top work that! Maybe I'll try and give it a go :thumbsup:

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself, names Jamie and we have got our first Transporter, a T6 called Terry (kids idea).
Currently going through the process of insulating and carpeting, going to keep as a Kombi and not a camper (for now).
Look forward to waving back at everyone that waves at me :D

Few random questions I have thought of over the last few months,

• As ours is a 'Startline' is there any form of aftermarket steering wheel controls for volume and track skipping? Ours has nothing.
  • Can a 'Highline' bumper be fitted easily, so we could have gloss black grills and badges? Everywhere seems to say all fitments apart from Startlines.
  • Is there anyway of securing a MTB internally, any off the shelf kits?

Thanks all :)

View attachment 156014

View attachment 156015
You could fit a Highline front bumper and then add the gloss black grilles.

The Startline bumper is one piece so the grilles can’t be removed whereas the Highline is modular so you can fit different grilles.

Is there anyway of securing a MTB internally, any off the shelf kits?

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Back