VCDS Security Code

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
IMG_6912.JPG I am just with a man with VCDS and when we try and make any chances we keep getting this error.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

It is possibly your workshop code or vcds unit code is all zeros, change it to 12345 in program options.

"Equipment refers to the equipment you are using to program it with.

Thanks Guys.

I am going back to see him hopefully later in the week when he has had chance to look into as well so fingers crossed he can sort if not @Pauly i will give you a call whilst I am with him.

Thanks

One thing he did manage to do was activate the auto locking/unlocking but not via the long code. I think he said it was via adjustments but that's all he could do there. The main thing I am after is the DRLs to be switched off.

Genuine VCDS lead updated to latest version ? (Version 16 I think)
Are you using long code helper to alter data ?

Yep genuine lead, it was updated last time I used it which was a while back.kept getting the error when using long code helper.

Some new modules don't like all zero workshop code, copy the ones from the factory

Okay I just got this trying to long code mine...
in your screen shot, once you close the window you will see your equipment code box highlighted, edit the equipment code to 000001 and you will get a message saying this is an uncoded module and offer to replace with default workshop codes, accept this and it will then take your coding.

in your screen shot, once you close the window you will see your equipment code box highlighted, edit the equipment code to 000001 and you will get a message saying this is an uncoded module and offer to replace with default workshop codes, accept this and it will then take your coding.

Excellent @Loz thank you. I have just passed this to my Auto Electrician friend so hopefully he will come back to me soon so we can try again.

IMG_0168.JPG

Is this the code you mean? I've just changed to 00001 but still won't except certain codes coming up with same error. Now it's greyed out and can't alter it

View attachment 2479

Is this the code you mean? I've just changed to 00001 but still won't except certain codes coming up with same error. Now it's greyed out and can't alter it

I did that first, went back to the body control module and it has the same box but on the coding screen for the module that has the out of range number. let me see if I took a screen shot.

Yes, this is the equipment number that is out of range, change this one.
10-20-2016 12-43-05 PM.png
Then after the change it looks like
10-20-2016 12-56-05 PM.png

Last edited:
Back