Wing Mirror wiring connector-block

Gareth Edmondson

T6 Pro
HI there All,

Just a quick one. I'm about to start replacing the driver side wing mirror bracket as it has been snapped in a hit and drive off incident (not me). I'm annoyed of course - but there we are.

I've been reading all about it and apart from the large wiring block - it all seems easy enough. However - I've been told the wiring block is in the door - so am I right to assume that besides te wing mirror (obviously) I need to strip the internal door card as well? Or is there another way of getting to the wiring block?

I have the wiring block cable pin remover key so am hoping not to cut anything - but just need help getting to the wiring block. I'm not the brightest when it comes to DIY car stuff - but need to learn.

Thanks all as always,

Gareth

Hi the block is behind the door card 2 bolts at the back of the handle. clip the handle trim off to locate and 1 bolt in the middle of the card. i snipped the wires above the wire block and solderd them back. also i used 2 cable ties to compress the springs. easy job

HI there All,

Just a quick one. I'm about to start replacing the driver side wing mirror bracket as it has been snapped in a hit and drive off incident (not me). I'm annoyed of course - but there we are.

I've been reading all about it and apart from the large wiring block - it all seems easy enough. However - I've been told the wiring block is in the door - so am I right to assume that besides te wing mirror (obviously) I need to strip the internal door card as well? Or is there another way of getting to the wiring block?

I have the wiring block cable pin remover key so am hoping not to cut anything - but just need help getting to the wiring block. I'm not the brightest when it comes to DIY car stuff - but need to learn.

Thanks all as always,

Gareth
where did you get the pin remover please

Back