Help with battery for tablet charging

Incidentally these USB power meters are very handy for individual phones or tablets, you can see exactly how much charge has gone in, plus you can keep track of failing batteries. Cheap as chips, I dont know how they make them for three quid. The input isnt limited to 5 volts either, I use a few of these and add external connectors for lipos, NiMh etc... they're fine up to 30v and 3 amps. Sometimes NiMh chargers 'false peak' and stop charging - with one of these inline you can see how much charge they've taken at the point the charger tripped off - if the mAh is lower than expected, the charger probably false-peaked. A very handy tool.

usbmeter.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Volt-...acity-Power-Bank-Tester-Meter-BS/173010871633

file.jpg

If you want to extend it for other purposes, connections are as follows:

usb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of those a while back... trouble is, I can’t for the life of me rember where it is...

Funny you guys should mention that as i was in discussion with the boss about a T6 soap box last year for London, we actually put an entry in but left it too late and only had a couple of weeks to get sorted and it didnt work out, unfortunately 2018 is in LA :(

After a soapbox binge on TV last night, it reminded me of this thread. You fancy it next year @Pauly? It's at Alexandra palace in July.

That sounds like fun.:thumbsup:

There's a wealth of skills in here, and I bet we could come up with a nice little kart, plus the weekend would be a good excuse to meet up :thumbsup:

I'm a huge soapbox fan, and i'd personally love to enter, but it could be a nice big exposure for this place (not that it needs much) but if @Pauly cannot do it, i'm tempted to apply myself.

Last edited:
Back