Help Wiring A Relay For The Fuel Pump

Daviesmd

hi I am in the process of installing a tracker in the van and it comes with a relay to disable the fuel pump.

Has anyone wired this in and if so how do I do it?!

I have the same wiring kit with my tracker.
The lift pump feed is under the passenger seat but I would advise against this as the high pressure fuel pump is engine driven and you risk running it dry if you stop the lift pump while the engine is running. The damage would run into 1000’s, plus you could be held liable if disabling the vehicle in motion causes a fatality due to no power steering or brakes.
What would be better it to break the feed to the starter circuit fuse, that way the next time the start stop kicks in (stationary) it wont restart.

Great advice with placing the feed - would defiantly want to stop the van as safely as possible - where can I easily wire into the starter circuit?

Before I had my Ghost fitted I removed this fuse.
Labeled BCU starter feed. So you need to break the wire coming from this fuse.

7FC80729-66D6-446B-BB5C-22051514FA2C.jpeg

DCB879E8-D7CA-4D14-B247-2AC5BFAC06AB.jpeg
Maybe you could do this with a piggyback fuse holder as a breakout that way you could remove it if required or when it goes in for service work?

Hi Loz, I've just picked up on this feed having just purchased the same tracker, I don't understand how to use a piggyback fuseholder as a breakout, could you please clarify. Glad it was brought up regarding the fuel pump by the way , makes a lot of sense.

Use the piggy-back in place of that fuse but don't replace fuse like you would normally, but instead move the fuse to the second fuse slot(like you would for your split feed) and send the power to your relay, on the switched (n/c) return wire crimp on a male spade and plug it back into the other side of the piggyback in place of the fuse.
Then you effectively have a fuse going through your relay and back across the original fuse position if you follow me?

Just be aware that remotely disabling a vehicle whilst it is being driven is illegal and would invalidate your insurance.

Just be aware that remotely disabling a vehicle whilst it is being driven is illegal and would invalidate your insurance.
That method only removes the ability to crank it over, it will keep running until it next stops and needs to start again.

Last edited:
Yes I understand Loz, I'll just check with insurance anyway, makes me wonder though if a lowlife wouldn't just hit the start \ stop button and disable it anyway for a quicker, more continuous getaway as most people ( myself included ) seem to do .

A little bit more on this Gents and your help once again would be greatly appreciated, my Rewire 104 Pro arrived yesterday with what looks like an updated idea on the box lid. Can I get to this wiring from inside the cab, also would it not be sensible to activate the solenoid when leaving the vehicle at any time ? I've attached a pic of the circuit.......

20190821_184539.jpg

Thanks Loz, I thought your circuit actually chipped into the stop/ start circuit though, or is this the same circuit ? Could yours be activated by sms after locking up ensuring no starter motor until de-activated ? And lastly hopefully Loz, do you fit warning stickers in your windows? Once again.....Thanks

Thanks Loz, I thought your circuit actually chipped into the stop/ start circuit though, or is this the same circuit ? Could yours be activated by sms after locking up ensuring no starter motor until de-activated ? And lastly hopefully Loz, do you fit warning stickers in your windows? Once again.....Thanks
it could but the relay being energised all the time will draw current from the battery.

Back