help to find old tv ad

Can you remember a tv ad for, i think, kp peanuts, i'm fairly certain it was kp nuts, and it was two trains side by side, a western train with all the people in colour and having a party to music of, billy idol, i think, and next to it alongside there was a soviet train in black and white and the people were sobbing and really miserable.

We have looked really hard, but we cant find it at all, which is a bit weird that it sort of seems to have been censored out, perhaps. Makes me wonder.

But can you remember the ad, and perhaps you can find it?

It was about the era of this one, so maybe 70s or 80s
Hi, Tram. I remember that advert too. Unfortunately I can't find any recordings of it. It is based on the opening scene of a Woody Allen film called Stardust Memories. I'm not sure if I can post links, but it's very easy to find on YouTube under "Stardust Memories Wrong Train".

Maybe my conspiracy theory that the nut ad has been censored is wrong and that it just isn't there. I say this because I have not been able to find the jelly tots advert I remember, and I can't imagine why that would be censored.

It used to go something like, " Rowntrees Tots, please yourself, three to choose from along the shelf. There's candy tots, your favourite treat, teddy tots with lots and lots for you to eat, tiger tots de dum de dum, jelly tots de de de de". Something like that, and really good characters seen singing in a band, I think, animated.
Know this is a few years old but is this the one that you was looking for?

Back