Help T6 Radio Turning Off.

Bandit

Out of no where while driving the Radio turned off. Tried turn it back on nothing.
Pulled in, turned off the Van and back on. Radio Flashed on, then off again.
Checked to make sure nothing in the back was switched on (Not sure why, but thought default everything).
It came back on for a few minutes then an error about Protection being Active. Held the on button for 30 seconds which cleared it for about 50 miles then went off again.

Any thoughts?

Is it the original radio or one you have purchased/fitted?

Full reboot =

Press and hold power button untill the unit reboots.

A low battery voltage can cause the component protection message to display on radio but if the engine is running the battery should be charging ??

Haven't got an iPhone connected have you?

There is a technical bulitin about radio firmware and reboots when a iPhone is connected?

My Discover nav crashes quite a lot when using CarPlay, probably 1 in 5 short trips. I've got a Skipton Car Radio loom fitted for the amp, the replacement multi-plug isn't great quality, so I always assumed it was the plug causing it to crash and reboot.

I'd be interested to see the bulletin?

@Insert Coin @Absolut5 might very well have the best input to this one ??

I don't doubt it mate, Absolut5 are the Jedi Masters of ICE, I just wanted a cheap set of component speakers, amp and loom for the van which is where Skipton I think target the lower end and Absolut5 the mid/top end. (I'm sure Pete would disagree, but that's how I see it)

The Skipton loom was very chunky, I really struggled to pack it all in behind the radio, but it's all plug and play so can easily be removed, I just wouldn't fancy trying to stuff it all back behind the radio again.

I saved the good ICE install for the Mustang, but rarely use it as I prefer the V8 sound :laugh:

My Discover nav crashes quite a lot when using CarPlay, probably 1 in 5 short trips. I've got a Skipton Car Radio loom fitted for the amp, the replacement multi-plug isn't great quality, so I always assumed it was the plug causing it to crash and reboot.

I'd be interested to see the bulletin?

***************************************************************************************************

Technical product information
Composition/Discover Media: switches itself off (software: 4xx) Transaction No.: 2052676/1
Release date: 25-Oct-2018

Affected is only the radio-navigation system Composition/Discover Media with the PR numbers: I8E, I8F, I7A,
I7C, 7UP or 7UR and with software: 4xx.

Customer statement:
• The Composition/Discover Media switches itself off and on (reset).

Workshop findings:
• The customer statement can be reproduced.
• The complaint only occurs, if an iPhone is connected before via Bluetooth or USB interface with the
Composition/Discover Media.

Technical background:
Incorrect software in infotainment control unit.

Postpone repairs:
Postpone repairs. A software update for the infotainment control unit is being prepared. This TPI will be
updated as soon as the software update is available.
• At the moment an effective repair is not possible. We will inform you as soon as an effective repair is
available.
• A replacement of the infotainment control unit does not fix the problem - a groundless replacement under
warranty will be redebited.
Customer information
Till the repair solution (software update) for the infotainment control unit is available, explain the following to the
customers:
• If the complaint occurs frequently, connecting the iPhone to the Composition/Discover Media should for now
be avoided

***********************************************************************************************

***************************************************************************************************

Composition/Discover Media: switches itself off (software: 4xx) Transaction No.: 2052676/1

Affected is only the radio-navigation system Composition/Discover Media with the PR numbers: I8E, I8F, I7A,

Customer statement:

Workshop findings:
• The complaint only occurs, if an iPhone is connected before via Bluetooth or USB interface with the

Technical background:

Postpone repairs:
Postpone repairs. A software update for the infotainment control unit is being prepared. This TPI will be
• At the moment an effective repair is not possible. We will inform you as soon as an effective repair is
available.
• A replacement of the infotainment control unit does not fix the problem - a groundless replacement under
Customer information
Till the repair solution (software update) for the infotainment control unit is available, explain the following to the
customers:
• If the complaint occurs frequently, connecting the iPhone to the Composition/Discover Media should for now
be avoided

***********************************************************************************************

Thanks dude, that might explain the issue then, would you get notified on a software update via your 'source' for these bulletins?

Thanks dude, that might explain the issue then, would you get notified on a software update via your 'source' for these bulletins?

Ill keep an eye out for the update, hopefully it wont be too long until they release one.

Customer statement:

Workshop findings:

Technical background:

Postpone repairs:
available.
Customer information
customers:
be avoided

Hi, my Name is Matias

I want to comment that I had the same problem in a vw jetta MKVII, only that I had connected to android phone.
Did you have any solution?
Below I comment on what happened to me less than a week ago. I left the service workshop, which will lead to a failure in the remote control (which complained of working and not because of running out of battery; they told me that I would change because it does not work and they do not know why), I went home and had the phone connected to the stereo by means of the BT after hr means of being working with the volume in the middle of the same one I realize in two occasions a loss of sound and immediately afterwards it was turned off and then on.
I have not yet taken it to the service for this problem and I want to know if they have to be solved before the warranty expires.

Thaks
Regards

Back