BF Goodrich 18”

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hi.

I would love BF Goodrich tyres. I know absolutely nothing about tyres (like nothing, they are black and round is about my knowledge limit) so I am hoping for help.

We have bought 18 inch alloys that have winter tyres on them. They will need to be replaced as they are coming to the end of their life.
Currently we have 255/55 R18 which are too big for the van (they fit at the moment but only because they are low on tread (according to my partner). So he feels we need 255/45 R18 and my dad is in agreement.

I know you can get BF Goodrich tyres for a VW as A Bus and Beyond have them. I spoke to them on their facebook but they have 255/65 R17 which (obviously) won't fit our alloys.

Can anyone recommend either where to get BF Goodrich tyres to fit our wheels or if there are any with a similar style to them??

When you say, "I know you can get BF Goodrich tyres for a VW as A Bus and Beyond have them" my first thoughts are, no tyre manufacturer makes tyres for VW, they just make lots of different sizes, speed ratings and load ratings. What you use that tyre on is neither here nor there, if it fits those criteria.
So you might try just searching for BF Goodrich 255/45R18, bearing in mind that the tyre will need to be load rated for your vehicle which depends on if it's a T28, T30 or T32. That's a whole topic on its own!
You also need to consider that BF Goodrich make a variety of different tyres for different uses, each with different tread patterns and appearances. If you are looking at the All Terrain tyre you would need to specify that or you could end up with tyres that are visually very different to what you expect. Several other manufacturers make All Terrain tyres so try looking at websites like "Black Circles.com" or "TyreLeader" to get an idea what you want.
You also need to consider what is important to you, fuel economy, tyre noise, longevity, wet braking / handling, etc etc, as tyres vary considerably between makes and types. Often it is fair to say you get what you pay for.
Google is your friend, and there is also a ton of great information on this forum, try a search on here of "255/45 R18".
Good luck. (Wishing you hadn't asked?:()

Not regretting asking but feel maybe rocket science might have been an easier topic.
:laugh:

Pauly wrote a great post on wheels which was really good for learning but he hasn't finished the tyre one yet.
Black Circles had a great learning aid on its website to tell you what each part of the number means.
My husband has decided that I have taken too long to decide so he has picked Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetrical tyres. Apparently they are A-rated in the wet which is his main concern. According to him, looking good isn't a factor when buying tyres.
:(

Thank you very much for your reply, even though I only understood a little of it.
:)

Goodyear F1 Eagles are a great choice... I have them on 19's rated for the T32, although bear in mind they are not classed as a winter tyre and are not in the same category as the BF's which was your initial requirement.

P1065779.JPG

Yeah, I wanted BF Goodrich tyres (and they are still my aim) but it will have to wait a while. The van is a long-term "toy" so I suppose I can wait another couple of years for really awesome tyres.
:whistle:

Thanks for letting me know that the Eagle F1 tyres are good. We are getting them fitted next Friday.
:)

Back