Startline retrofitted MFSW not working

Daniel2929

Hi everyone
I’ve just fitted my mfsw but cannot get it to work
The van is a euro 5 16 plate and has cruise on the stalk
The steering wheel lights up when the lights are switched on and the buttons work on the right hand side but don’t do as they are meant to. The OK button will turn the music down

am i right saying they go into the bcm white plug? And i have tried the cable in location 17 and 36
Location 17 doesn’t let the steering wheel do anything.

any help would be grateful

21A806FD-EE3F-4B3C-8CD8-2246EE9130BC.jpeg

@Mocko1962

Set Byte 29, Bit 6 Tells the BCM to use pin 36 on T73b for MFSW LIN Bus I couldn’t get vcds to do this?
i have clicked the one where it says mfsw installed
Any ideas?

What type of wheel have you used .. is it compatible with T5.1 . has anyone else used that wheel on T5.1 .. maybe others on Forum can comment

I was told it was of a t6 but not sure as I’m not sure why the buttons work but the wrong configuration
Like the OK button on the right hand side will turn the volume down

Is the BCM connection not T73b pin 17 for non Euro 6 vans .. check the wiring for your type of van .. maybe the reason VCDS won't configure to pin 36 ... what was the error on VCDS when attempting this Byte 29 bit 6 ?
Maybe post a printout of your coding scan on here ... someone on the forum may the spot something amiss.

Any photos of your install.. connections etc.. it all helps in the fault finding

By default VCDS shows only documented/verified coding options.
To tweak uncharted ones select LCode2.
1590302138610.png

Just checking but make sure you have bit 6 as the binary code startrs rhs bit 0 so bit 6 is 7th from rhs if that makes sense .. I made this mistake

From your photo Byte17 bit 7 is set to 1 .. but if you count the binary digits from the right hand side it is the 8th from the right as the count starts with bit '0' ... so when you check the byte 29 bit 6 .. it should be the 7th digit from the rhs ... does that make sense ? .. you can change individual digits in the long coding window as you show in the photo for byte 17 but make a note of what the codes is ( noughts and ones ) before you make any changes .. so you can put back ...
Line 3 is hexidecimal representation (sum ) of line 4 binary code and will change automatically as you change 0'S AND 1's
See photo of code summary as byte17 set in your photo

15903226970921268442222.jpg

Thank you for the info but I’m completely lost
I’m new to this coding

if i go on the l code 2 like in the picture above i go go to byte 29 and it comes up with bit tickboxes?

Back