Help on Webasto parking heater

daviesi123

Hi all,
New here and very happy with my 2017 Caravelle so far, but now it's time for a dumb question.

I noticed a label on the drivers door suggesting it has a factory fitted parking heater. I didn't even know it had one! Problem is I don't know how to operate it. A similar question came up on Farcebook the other day showing the same label but they showed a couple of rotary controls for it, which I don't have. I asked the not-very-helpful VW dealer I bought it from and they reckon there should be something behind the rear view mirror housing but I don't think there is. I see from the Webasto web site that additional remote controls are available but do these just work straight out of the box or is something else needed too?

Thanks

IMG_5292.jpeg

Hi all,
New here and very happy with my 2017 Caravelle so far, but now it's time for a dumb question.

I noticed a label on the drivers door suggesting it has a factory fitted parking heater. I didn't even know it had one! Problem is I don't know how to operate it. A similar question came up on Farcebook the other day showing the same label but they showed a couple of rotary controls for it, which I don't have. I asked the not-very-helpful VW dealer I bought it from and they reckon there should be something behind the rear view mirror housing but I don't think there is. I see from the Webasto web site that additional remote controls are available but do these just work straight out of the box or is something else needed too?

Thanks
I believe you've got so called auxiliary heater onboard. Basically it turns on independently when engine is started at ambient temperature below +5 °C and cabin heater is on.
Some more here:

That probably explains it. Shame the dimwit at VW who I asked the same question didn’t have your knowledge on the subject. I’ve only had the car since August and it hasn’t been cold to trigger the heater yet.
Thanks very much for you help.

That probably explains it. Shame the dimwit at VW who I asked the same question didn’t have your knowledge on the subject. I’ve only had the car since August and it hasn’t been cold to trigger the heater yet.
Thanks very much for you help.

Just to be clear, you currently have an engine heater and this can be upgraded to a fully functioning parking heater. It involves some wiring, a bit of hardware, flashing of the heater firmware and coding on the van itself.

That link @mmi posted should get you started.

Hi, I’ve just removed a danhag webasto controller from my 2016 t6 caravelle, it has a SIM card slot and can be used remotely to warm up your van 30 mins before your journey. Works perfectly cost me just over £500 will post want £250

4F26A9C3-ACD5-4BC8-BE18-2B5F73B3A783.png

Back