HELP needed! Who is this bike thief?

A lot do sit in fear, and usually the older people that's what pisses me off too. Thankfully villages tend to stick together and help them out.

I don't do politics and its just as well really as it would be a long night :rofl:

@Thogg can't help, even if he wanted to. Data protection laws restrict trawling of such data. He would need to work for that area and be assigned the case to make enquiries. (just been through this with our local PCSO after Loz Jr had his bike reversed into and damaged at work)

Anyone can use the DVLA site to query a plate these days, but if its not valid its not valid.. If it comes back as valid and it looks like a match you can fill out the data request with the dvla and if they deem the request valid they will send you the owner. But as we have all surmised, its a false plate.
As long as its reported and a marker put on that plate it will ping up on APNR if he is stupid enough to keep using it.

Check if a vehicle is taxed and has an MOT is the gov site for this and recently was deregulated to make it open. (previously you can to say that you were the owner etc.)
Sorry, only just seen this thread. @Loz is spot on I’m afraid. As much as I’d like to help it’d be a job loser for me. It sucks but we get audited on our PNC transactions and this would definitely ping up as its out of force for me. :-(

I would say this.. police response times suck. Ambo response times suck. We know it. You know it. I guarantee you that I don’t work with anyone that takes any joy from that at all. We all joined to try and make a difference and help people. Especially when that involves catching scumbags that do this sort of thing.
I don’t want to get all political because I’m not allowed to. But I can tell you to email your MP. Tell them that the cuts are causing massive problems. Highlight cases and don’t be fobbed off with nonsense. There are less coppers on the beat because people are leaving in droves and moral is a dirty word. The mention of a private police force is exactly what the government want to hear. If you can break a service to the point it doesn’t work then any alternative seems attractive. It’s sad but true. All I can say is the boys and girls on the ground are doing the best they can with what they have. But it’s not enough and the tax payers deserve better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back