HELP needed! Who is this bike thief?

travelvolts

Retired
T6 Legend
So, this is the thieving scumbag that stole my boys brand new Yamaha MT07 yesterday from the Holiday Inn in Manchester. If anyone can supply any information about this guy or the van in the pics then I would be extremely grateful. No use speaking to GMP, they couldn't catch a cold! The theft was witnessed by an off duty officer who called it in but their only reaction was to phone the hotel!
Good coverage on CCTV but still no one from the police has been to view it. This is the second brand new MT07 he has had nicked in two months and he is heartbroken.

bQlbKwI.jpg
oDrlwPi.jpg
mztYMAR.jpg
JrAPyOn.jpg

I'm gobsmacked the police have done noting, send it to Crimewatch on the BBC and see if they can kick them into gear

The opportunity was lost. If they had acted when the officer phoned it in they could have caught them but the bike is probably long gone now or in bits and on a boat out of the country.

Damm grubs,

I feel for your boy, the lad will be crushed.

I don't understand why people do this crap.

I hope the scumbag gets his justice.

Wow. Finally a piece of CCTV footage that doesn't look like it was taken with a broken mobile phone, and nothing is done.. That's shocking.
As a dad, I applaud your restraint.

b*****d. Looks like fake plates too - if I'm reading that right those belong on a vauxhaul of some sort

KM52TWP
Plates are for a Vauxhall combo van which that isn't.
The combo is taxed until 1/11/17 and mot until 8/5/18 So won't ping up on ANPR unless registered stolen. However the combo owner probably isn't even aware his plates have been cloned

I read it as KM52 TNP but couldn’t find reference to it?

Looks like the sort of person/van that cruises round looking for opportunities - might be worth hanging around for a few hours over a similar time to see if he comes back?

I agree, that is TNP. Need a copper who has access to the DVLA.
Not that it will help but KM52 T means it was first registered in Northampton.

I've been of the forum for a couple of weeks, been really busy with work, and my new toy,
IMG_4216.JPG IMG_4217.JPG
Most of my time has been trying to think of ways to secure it. I'm not sure I will ever be able to leave it anywhere other than at home, regardless of alarms;chains;disclocks etc etc.
The big problem is that crime pays, and pays very well, with little consequence for people who do not care about the the very limited and unlikely ramifications of a conviction. I wonder if we will ever have the balls of deporting many of these types, back to the decent countries who dislikes them as much as many of us. And before anybody comments I know many are are now born here; but having had £10k's of construction tools/plant stolen by travellers, I am by experience a little pissed by our soft approach to this sort of crime; as I watch our insurance premiums go ever upward.

So, this is the thieving scumbag that stole my boys brand new Yamaha MT07 yesterday from the Holiday Inn in Manchester. If anyone can supply any information about this guy or the van in the pics then I would be extremely grateful. No use speaking to GMP, they couldn't catch a cold! The theft was witnessed by an off duty officer who called it in but their only reaction was to phone the hotel!
Good coverage on CCTV but still no one from the police has been to view it. This is the second brand new MT07 he has had nicked in two months and he is heartbroken.

View attachment 14222
View attachment 14223
View attachment 14224
View attachment 14225
I really feel for your son; some people think these crimes are victimless, and that the insurers will sort it all out. How wrong that is.

I've been of the forum for a couple of weeks, been really busy with work, and my new toy,
View attachment 14247 View attachment 14248
Most of my time has been trying to think of ways to secure it. I'm not sure I will ever be able to leave it anywhere other than at home, regardless of alarms;chains;disclocks etc etc.
The big problem is that crime pays, and pays very well, with little consequence for people who do not care about the the very limited and unlikely ramifications of a conviction. I wonder if we will ever have the balls of deporting many of these types, back to the decent countries who dislikes them as much as many of us. And before anybody comments I know many are are now born here; but having had £10k's of construction tools/plant stolen by travellers, I am by experience a little pissed by our soft approach to this sort of crime; as I watch our insurance premiums go ever upward.
Nice bike @chriscroft

@Thogg can't help, even if he wanted to. Data protection laws restrict trawling of such data. He would need to work for that area and be assigned the case to make enquiries. (just been through this with our local PCSO after Loz Jr had his bike reversed into and damaged at work)

Anyone can use the DVLA site to query a plate these days, but if its not valid its not valid.. If it comes back as valid and it looks like a match you can fill out the data request with the dvla and if they deem the request valid they will send you the owner. But as we have all surmised, its a false plate.
As long as its reported and a marker put on that plate it will ping up on APNR if he is stupid enough to keep using it.

Check if a vehicle is taxed and has an MOT is the gov site for this and recently was deregulated to make it open. (previously you had to say that you were the owner etc.)

View attachment 14247 View attachment 14248
I think to presume those type are foreign is a bit harsh ? It appears to me the majority of crime nowadays is out of work crack heads looking to fund their habits or the latter as in your case.

I think to presume those type are foreign is a bit harsh ? It appears to me the majority of crime nowadays is out of work crack heads looking to fund their habits or the latter as in your case.
It is around 90% travellers from Irish extraction around us, and untouched by the police. The crack heads may put your car window in to pinch your handbag (i'm funny that way;)), but motorbike theft and disposal takes a hole different level or organisation in my experience. They are smart, very determined, and blood hard to stop. I now this is a bit of generalisation, and I have distannt relatives from many generations ago who where of this descent, and bare knuckle boxing champs etc; so I'm not being xenophobic, just observant, and I know quite a few police officers who tel me the same.
We are talking about a persecuted minority, and "Uman Rites" don't you know;)

Keep your handbag in your boot next time ;) You are right, we live on an Island so looking back we were all foreigners somewhere down the line, just didn't want to upset a lot of our foreign forum members, and its great we have so many sharing the love.
The traveller issue is very frustrating with regards to they seem to get away with everything, I know if I was to smash a lock off someones gate and drive on, not tax my vehicle etc, id be hung and quartered, not given a week at the tax payers expense before I had to leave. I'm in Lincolnshire and Farm machinery theft is very high.

Thinking about it though I would say about 90% of us on here sleep in our vans (Posh Travellers) :whistle:

It is a very small group of people who are often responsible for a huge swath of crime.
I really do not get it; when the crime commissioners came into being a few years ago, I honestly thought this would help the police target really hardcore felons that effect many normal peoples lives so badly. But from what I can see so far it has made little or no difference, I think the law and courts are a big part of the problem.
I happen to live on an isolated farm in Lincolnshire, and for the last 20 years, not a day goes bye when I do not think of security issues. Just last night the office alarm went of twice in the middle of night (a spider I think), so me and dogs go out with a heavy duty clubbing torch, with no idea what we will find. I would take my shot gun, but the law would take a very dim view of that. And if one night when I go out investigating I do find some miscreants; the law is far more likely to support them. 40 years ago as a kid, we didn't have a key to our front door, there wasn't one. What have we come to as a country?????????

It is very sad @chriscroft , and really frustrating that the law and most of the medieval laws favour the bad boys and (girls) before I get accused of being sexist :rofl:
I have never forgot how the Recluse farmer, was it tony martin ? was treated after fearing for his life after he shot two guys clearly up to no good. It was disgusting and didn't gain the justice system any friends.

Unfortunately whatever the outcome for me, I would do the same and more to protect my family. Where are you in Lincolnshire ? I've moved back into the town now, but cant wait to move back into the countryside.

I don't sit at home in fear by any means, but every week a farm around us is turned over. There was an old couple on local TV last week between Goole and Crowl who had been robbed that many time they literally have nothing left, so sad.
We are between Gainsborough and Scunthorpe, and we love living rural, but police response times are measured in days now, not hours or minutes. I think as a local community we would happily pay a private police force if we could, and the law would support it. The bleeding heart liberal MP's in West Minster really piss me off, and that includes Teresa May, and David Cameron, wet through pathetic liberals. If push came to shove, I wouldn't hesitate to take all necessary action, but it is never that simple ; you do not have good intel until after the event.

Back