Help needed to fix a table leg to a Kombi floor?

johnmacster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello
I’ve got a sequoia table leg and want to fix it to the floor in my T6 Kombi. Considering screwing right through the rubber flooring and into the metal floor, or, cutting a section of rubber floor out and gluing a section of timber to the floor and fixing to that but unsure what’s best. Anyone got any advice please?
Cheers, John

I have the Sequoia system albeit on 12mm ply and the thickness of Altro flooring. Cant remember what leg the screw I used bit I was conscious not to penetrate the metal floor. Rock solid

I have only a 9mm ply floor and I don’t feel confident that it’s thick enough to support my table leg with screws (as my table top is quite large at 55cm x 130cm).

So I’ve just bought some of these which seem excellent:

7A524666-884E-4CF8-A965-950A3A298009.jpeg
141F8B76-0645-43C1-B29A-29C2B3F26BE1.jpeg

I bought them from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181230569842

Will have to get the floor out to fit them, but I like that I can simply unbolt the table leg if ever necessary. Hope to get round to installing them this week so will report back.

Nice idea, l like it.
I’m not sure it is in the right place for me. I was hoping for a table directly between front captain’s and the rear double
It comes with an additional bolt to fit it into one of the floor securing rings points. Check out the VanGear website for images. You need to either swivel the captain's seat or if fixed in place, tilt forward.

I have only a 9mm ply floor and I don’t feel confident that it’s thick enough to support my table leg with screws (as my table top is quite large at 55cm x 130cm).

So I’ve just bought some of these which seem excellent:

View attachment 156462
View attachment 156461

I bought them from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181230569842

Will have to get the floor out to fit them, but I like that I can simply unbolt the table leg if ever necessary. Hope to get round to installing them this week so will report back.
I installed my leg with these today. Wrote about it in What Have You Done To Your Van Today? if anyone is interested.

Back