(Aftermarket) window leak!

I have had a closer look under hose pipe spray to the roof of the van this evening (10:30pm) and the leak appears to be from the bonding of the opening tray runner from the newly fitted flush window we had fitted last week. The leak appears to be from the corner of the opening tray and running down over the carpet and causing the damp area on the ply, our driveway is sloping so this is exaggerating the leak and running back along the wheel arch.

I am calling the fitter tomorrow, very disappointing at the moment as we travelled a long way to have it fitted last week by the best on good authority, any thoughts how I can stop the leak in the short term?

View attachment 33698

View attachment 33699

View attachment 33700

View attachment 33701

View attachment 33702

View attachment 33703

View attachment 33704
So is water managing to bypass the seal of the opening window, travel along the channel the opening-window sits in, and trail off in to the van?
Do both sides leak?

If so, I wonder if your fitter will blame the unit as opposed to their fitting skills.

I have flush sliders too and haven’t noticed a leak, but then I don’t have carpet lining nor a wooden floor..

I’ll give mine a whirl and let you know if they leak.

In the meantime, you could try rubbing WD40 in to the window rubber - I was told this causes the rubber to swell, so it may provide you’ve with a temporary solution (but check with the window fitter first, in case this ends up affecting your fault claim).

That's exactly what's happening,
The fitter has referred me to the window manufacturer who has called and sending a guy out tomorrow to refit the slider, they have said that they are 95% sure it will cure the problem, my worry is if the window has to be removed will the bodywork be damaged in doing so,
Fingers crossed the replacement slider works tomorrow.

That's exactly what's happening,
The fitter has referred me to the window manufacturer who has called and sending a guy out tomorrow to refit the slider, they have said that they are 95% sure it will cure the problem, my worry is if the window has to be removed will the bodywork be damaged in doing so,
Fingers crossed the replacement slider works tomorrow.
I’ve just been out to check mine - it’s currently raining and I can’t see any water ingress, but then my driveway is fairly level.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Window manufacturer came out and replaced the slider mech today, checked tonight with hose and in the rain and it seems okay, left some tissue in the corner of the slider and will check again tomorrow,

Is a slight leak acceptable or should it be completely dry not even a drip? thoughts guys please,
Completely dry.

And I cleaned my VGC windows with a pressure-washer yesterday - no leaks.

How did you get on with the tissue - leak solved?

Hi @UNiCAD I have got exactly the same problem with my flush slider windows. Did you ever get this resolved? Di uou mind me asking what type of windows you fitted please?

Hi @UNiCAD I have got exactly the same problem with my flush slider windows. Did you ever get this resolved? Di uou mind me asking what type of windows you fitted please?
How clean are they?
During summer I had some dust settle on them (when they had been opened) which impeded the seal when closed, so rain water seeped in.
A good clean and the leaking stopped.

Well I only installed them in September, so clean really. I'll clean them though, as you suggested & see how it goes. Thank you.
20210123_144654.jpg

Back