HELP heated mirrors not warming up

Dodgeydelvis

VIP Member
hi every one.

my heated mirrors on 2016 T6 are not heating up anymore. when i plug vcds in and test the output, they work fine.
its had a new switch fitted, im assuming the fuse and relay is good, but maybe a bad connection between the switch and the mirrors, its both mirrors that are not working.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. mileage 173500. mirrors are folding ones.

dave

I found that with one of my mirrors. You can literally pull the glass off by hand and check. Tilt the mirror all the way inwards towards the body of the van using the remote control on the driver's door and then pull from behind the outer edge of the mirror glass until the glass pops off. The heating wires are attached to the inner edge of the glass - check for fraying at the point where the wire joins to the spade socket.

To reattach the glass, push it back onto the mount evenly with the palm of your hand until it pops on.

thanks, i can get the mirrors to heat up, only when i plug my laptop in with vagcom, and test the output, they both become hot. i know its gonna be a pain, its probs a broken wire from the switch to the mirrors, just hoping someone might know a common fault on them.

Reactions: Psm
Oh, then are you sure you have them set to the heat position on the driver's door control panel? Before you get too deep into other theories :)

EDIT: I see you have!

lol, ill be sure to RE check that one, easy mistake to make. just wonder if vagcom bypasses the fuse or replay and just makes them work. need them working now at this time of year.

Might be worth finding out if they are triggered by the low temperature warning? Otherwise it's going to be difficult...

hi every one.

my heated mirrors on 2016 T6 are not heating up anymore. when i plug vcds in and test the output, they work fine.
its had a new switch fitted, im assuming the fuse and relay is good, but maybe a bad connection between the switch and the mirrors, its both mirrors that are not working.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. mileage 173500. mirrors are folding ones.

dave
Also check that ‘heated mirrors with rear screen’ hasn’t been activated in VCDS. If it has, the mirrors no longer work from the switch and only come on with the heated rear screen.

Last edited:
If checked with VCDS, that means your heated mirrors are working.

Another simple thingy to do - when you start the vehicle, move the heated mirrors button from heated to L (one click clockwise) and then back to heated again, and that triggers the relay to switch on the heated mirrors. :thumbsup:

I also have a problem with morror heating.
It is a T6 from 2016 and a left handside car (Netherlands).
The left mirror, in my case, the drivers side is heating up.

I really hope some of you guys can help me.

- is the heating of both mirrors on the same fuse?
- on which fuse is the mirror heater?
- where can i find the mirror heating in VCDS?

Thanks!

I also have a problem with morror heating.
It is a T6 from 2016 and a left handside car (Netherlands).
The left mirror, in my case, the drivers side is heating up.

I really hope some of you guys can help me.

- is the heating of both mirrors on the same fuse?
- on which fuse is the mirror heater?
- where can i find the mirror heating in VCDS?

Thanks!
Both mirrors are fed by fuse 17 (10A) in fuse box C in passengers footwell.

Perhaps the easiest way would be to verify electric feed at mirror. The access to the back of mirror is very easy:

Thanks for the help!

On the back of the mirror there are two wires.
On the wires comes 14v, so I think the heating should do it.

When I connect the mirror on external 12v the mirror isn't heating up either.
So I think in need to replace the mirror glass.

btw Jyväskylä is beautiful!

Not sure if this is still active but I’ve got the same problem with no voltage at the mirror? Could anyone advise what my next steps are?

Not sure if this is still active but I’ve got the same problem with no voltage at the mirror? Could anyone advise what my next steps are?
I’m in a similar situation this morning. Series of events if it helps with diagnosis…
  • Recently reset BCM as I was having some courtesy light issues
  • Also found courtesy light fuse had blown and after replacement they are now working fine
  • After BCM reset I set the clock time and followed mmi’s guidance to reset the one touch windows
  • Last night the head unit warned me the battery was low so I connected a Noco Genius 10 overnight and charge looked good this morning
  • This morning my heated mirrors didn’t work, possible the heated windscreen isn’t working either but I was in a rush and used water to de ice that
  • Checked fuse 17 (as per mmi) and it’s ok so it’s not a fuse issue
I will try removing the mirror glass and checking for power to the mirrors. Concerned again that I might need some VCDS diagnostics or similar. I have Carista but not currently subscribed. Not sure if that can help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I’ve checked 17 and 30 and both seem ok.

1676928415948.jpeg

Popped the left mirror off and I’m not getting any power to the connections. Should I be getting 12v here?

1676928511108.jpeg

Back