Help fitting 1+1+1 in place of triple bench

Eddie Sutherland

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good evening all,

I am looking to change my triple bench with iso to the three single with iso. PickEd up the singles and floor brackets today. Does anyone know what reinforcement brackets I need to add and their part numbers please I have searched but not come up with anything. The bench will all ready have brackets and reinforcement installed it’s this will take the center of the triple but I can’t find details for the outer two seats reinforcement brackets. Any assistance greatly appreciated

I expect your triple seat will have single reinforcement plates but when you add the brackets at the side of them you will need double reinforcement plates and the singles can be re-used at the outer edges.

The order for three single seats set up goes single/double/double/single re-enforcer. Always a double where two sets of floor brackets are side by side.

I would start with 8 doubles and hope the current brackets use singles. Someone may be along in a minute to confirm whether singles used.

Ian

Last edited:
My 2018 van was an 8 seater window van, so I have single and a double seat in row two and a bench seat in row 3. We only need 6 seats so have replaced the bench with a single shuttle seat in row 3. I’ve actually added 4 extra brackets in row two (like the shuttle) to allow me to fit the single shuttle seat, which can go middle, left or right.

Ian

Picked a set of seats up from a 2017 with all of the floor brackets and had the reinforcement brackets delivered yesterday via TPS now for the fun part on my next weekend off.

Have you read all the posts about dropping the fuel tank? Some advise it can be done on threaded rods.

Make sure you run it down to empty this week!!

Yes thanks it’s going on the ramp so shouldn’t be to bad had to be dropped before when the eberspacher was installed.

Back