Help and advice swamper wheel and tyres upgrade

D.Bradley

T6 Pro
Hi good afternoon everyone hope your all safe and well we would like to upgrade our camper van wheels to some swamper wheels and tyres what size should we be looking for please and what tyre size the camper is going to Steve at crs to sort out the suspension but was hoping to get the right swamper whelks and tyres sorted and on the camper ready so Steve can set the camper up with them any help welcome many thanks AC9A780C-D443-4488-BB5B-0159A4FC1D07.jpeg

250CEFBC-9CE1-4C45-8BAB-D6C3FB9DFE81.jpeg

Hi good afternoon everyone hope your all safe and well we would like to upgrade our camper van wheels to some swamper wheels and tyres what size should we be looking for please and what tyre size the camper is going to Steve at crs to sort out the suspension but was hoping to get the right swamper whelks and tyres sorted and on the camper ready so Steve can set the camper up with them any help welcome many thanks View attachment 128478

View attachment 128479
I'd go for either Scallops or mussels at a push TBH

Last edited:
Hi good afternoon everyone hope your all safe and well we would like to upgrade our camper van wheels to some swamper wheels and tyres what size should we be looking for please and what tyre size the camper is going to Steve at crs to sort out the suspension but was hoping to get the right swamper whelks and tyres sorted and on the camper ready so Steve can set the camper up with them any help welcome many thanks View attachment 128478

View attachment 128479
And breathe.

16” or 17” - although you will be limited to 17 or larger if you have the bigger brakes fitted. Have a look here if you want some off-the-shelf ideas -
Otherwise search ‘swamper’ or ‘all-terrain tyre’ or ‘off-road’.

@simonjmcintyre after allot of searching around these were a bit of a eBay find/DIY put together steels were 400 and tyres just over, all in fitted at a local shop I probably spent just shy of 1000.

No because of the size of your brakes. You need 17 inch rims minimum. What size tires have you got on them because they are well cool.

Will this size tyre fit underneath in the spare tyre slot without modification?
I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet but I think you need a separate bracket. Maybe someone else with experience can say 100% either way. Personally I am going to carry a tyre repair kit if the need arises.

Back