Hello from Hampshire

Hello everyone!

No prizes for guessing where I'm from!

I used to work for a local van dealer, selling all sorts of vans. Now I work for a specifically VW van dealer, and I wanted to say hello to the world of VW, perhaps I'll learn a few things here (nope, never drove a VW of any kind before!), and hopefully as time goes on I can contribute back with tips and advice that I pick up.

Hi everyone. New member saying hello. We are a couple based in Hampshire and have just bought our first camper van. It's an Acapulco Blue Camper King Monte Carlo. Picking it up next week some time. Very excited and looking forward to some great adventures as well as learning lots of tips and tricks from you lot!!

You've picked the best one. Welcome to Team [Acapulco] Blue.

Hello everyone!

No prizes for guessing where I'm from!

I used to work for a local van dealer, selling all sorts of vans. Now I work for a specifically VW van dealer, and I wanted to say hello to the world of VW, perhaps I'll learn a few things here (nope, never drove a VW of any kind before!), and hopefully as time goes on I can contribute back with tips and advice that I pick up.

Hi you may be able to sort me out with the 2 year extended warranty up to 80k Miles.
Dealer I bought from having trouble doing it?

Hmm I tried to see what I could find out about this. Dealer should set that up at point of sale; as far as I can see there's no way for me to do it on their behalf.

Not sure why they'd be having trouble doing it; obviously someone might be slow or unsure if new on a job but there should be someone at that dealer who knows how to do such a thing!

Sorry, I think I'm limited to wishing you luck :S

Hmm I tried to see what I could find out about this. Dealer should set that up at point of sale; as far as I can see there's no way for me to do it on their behalf.

Not sure why they'd be having trouble doing it; obviously someone might be slow or unsure if new on a job but there should be someone at that dealer who knows how to do such a thing!

Sorry, I think I'm limited to wishing you luck :S
Thanks anyway, a guy from Liverpool VW did it easily.
Apparently go on your Int web called the hub and then go to extended warranty and it’s there.
90 days from registration2B8D4693-9DB8-4330-A972-BAB5774C8299.png

Eh... well you live and learn.

Even with your description it was hard to find, I've bookmarked it now should I need it again. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Guys. The last VW I owned was 20+ years ago when I had a 1973 T2.

When my company car lease on my 7 seater XC90 expires Im considering getting a T6.1. Im undecided on whether I get a new one or a used one.

Whatever I get it has to have 6 seats to fit the 4 kids and 2 dogs.

So 3 seats in the front. Is that an option or something that’s easily changed on an older van?

I’d actually like a pop top so we can stand up in the van to get changed etc. Also, the younger kids can sleep up there. But I’m guessing that adds a good £5k to the price and is an aftermarket add on?

I do like the look of some of the body styling companies out there… any recommendations of reputable companies in Hampshire or Berkshire would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’m just up the road from you near Andover! Have a look at the Breeze in Southampton!

When my company car lease on my 7 seater XC90 expires Im considering getting a T6.1. Im undecided on whether I get a new one or a used one.

So 3 seats in the front. Is that an option or something that’s easily changed on an older van?

I’d actually like a pop top so we can stand up in the van to get changed etc. Also, the younger kids can sleep up there. But I’m guessing that adds a good £5k to the price and is an aftermarket add on?

I do like the look of some of the body styling companies out there… any recommendations of reputable companies in Hampshire or Berkshire would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys
If you are looking at camper conversions I wouldn’t restrict yourself to the local area, it’s a substantial spend and worth taking your time to make a good evaluation of what you want and what’s on offer.
Personally I can’t imagine having 4 kids and 2 dogs in a motorhome let alone a T6.1, good luck.

Thanks, guys
I used Vw-T in Henfield which isn’t too far
yeah the pop top is an add on but isn’t cheap to fit

If you are looking at camper conversions I wouldn’t restrict yourself to the local area, it’s a substantial spend and worth taking your time to make a good evaluation of what you want and what’s on offer.
Personally I can’t imagine having 4 kids and 2 dogs in a motorhome let alone a T6.1, good luck.
Hahah. Yeah - not restricting myself to the local area but just wanted to start local looking at lots of vans.

To be clear - if we were camping we’d always have tents as well. The van would be purely to get us around. I don’t want a full camper conversion - just a pop top for convenience. I’d maybe consider some of the clever beds and drawers that I’ve seen but don’t think I’d be decking it out with units all the time!

Hahah. Yeah - not restricting myself to the local area but just wanted to start local looking at lots of vans.

To be clear - if we were camping we’d always have tents as well. The van would be purely to get us around. I don’t want a full camper conversion - just a pop top for convenience. I’d maybe consider some of the clever beds and drawers that I’ve seen but don’t think I’d be decking it out with units all the time!
You will find that some converters won’t stray from their tried and tested conversions as they are routine and CNC designs speed up the process and give them a better profit margin.
Good converters always have a long waiting period (6 months fairly normal) so be wary of any that say they can do it within a month or so.
My advice if you are buying a brand new van don’t put a budget roof on it.
You could try Uberbus

Back