Hello and some general questions about my T6

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Not the best picture, but this is my 'new to me' 66 plate T6 Factory Kombi 102 T30 Highline.

I've already been to visit @BognorMotors for the STX suspension to replace the lowering springs it was on (what a huge improvement).

Its got Raceline Alloys that I will be spacing out and it also has the front passenger swivel seat.

Its a 5sp manual and chipped to 150bhp by the previous owner.

The buying experience was somewhat amusing. My wife and I decided to take a visit to a garden centre and came home with this Van. Lol. a crazy day for sure.

tempImageHjpJPh.jpg

The spacers I am getting are the H&R AMORAK. think I will go 15mm front and 25mm rear.

In the rear is this bed structure, not sure I am going to keep it. We want sliding rock n roll seats.
I think this is also making the Van a little stiff in the rear considering it is bolted to the wheel arches.

tempImageDGp78a.jpg

tempImageZOFyIe.jpg

Is there a resale value for such a thing?

The rear is also lined, looks like a very tidy install. I don't think this would have been done at the factory?
tempImageREqKa0.jpg

I looked being the ceiling light and it has this silver matting, does this look like insulation or sound proofing?
I'd also like to know how to remove the panel buttons? I want to take a good look behind the panels, I think I can get some thicker insulation behind them.

tempImageqJEzDm.jpg

and what sort of socket to I need to undo this? Is it a Torx bolt? (picture is upside down, it the rear bed leg fixing to the floor )
tempImagecqhJmE.jpg

Thanks for any help and advice. its a steep learning curve, I'm looking forward to adding a few more mods in the near future.

Any recommendations for a place in Cornwall that will convert the rear to a sliding rock n roll bed and installing a few cupboards? We don't want a full conversion, just some storage space and the rock n roll.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome!

Nice looking van you've bought, but I wonder whether you still bought what you actually went to the garden centre for?

I remember my mum once went to a camping shop back in Holland to buy a new kettle and came back with a new caravan :D

I've just had Bognor fit STX to mine as well last week, it's awesome!

As for your questions, the black poppers you can unscrew with a 3mm allen key and then a trim removal tool will pull out the rest of the plug. For the load point bolt you need a 10mm spline bit like this:

Back