Hello All, new Caravelle owner here

Japseroony

VIP Member
Hi Everyone and thank you for letting me/us join the group/forum.

Having recently taken on a rescue GSD we had a VW Passat to carry him around but noticed how many couples with dogs had either Transporters or Caravelles that were stopping and setting out tables, chairs etc in car parks and at various locations we visited.

So we took the plunge and did a p/x for a Caravelle using the Passat and paying the difference and I have to say we love it.

We now have a Caravelle 6.1 and I’m on a spending spree buying bits lol.

Bits bought so far are the sliding door opening window vents, rear bumper protector, rubber floor mats, 2 VW bins, 2 new tyres and I am looking for a set of replacement wheels (I like the Wolfrace 18”) with tyres and some front window air deflectors.

Will be asking some questions but thought I should say hi first.

Hi and welcome to the forum! They’re a great van for dogs. Ask away - there is lots of help on here

Having recently taken on a rescue GSD we had a VW Passat to carry him around but noticed how many couples with dogs had either Transporters or Caravelles that were stopping and setting out tables, chairs etc in car parks and at various locations we visited.

So we took the plunge and did a p/x for a Caravelle using the Passat and paying the difference and I have to say we love it.

Bits bought so far are the sliding door opening window vents, rear bumper protector, rubber floor mats, 2 VW bins, 2 new tyres and I am looking for a set of replacement wheels (I like the Wolfrace 18”) with tyres and some front window air deflectors.

Welcome! Don't forget the dash rubber! Have a search, it's a thing!

Oh, and pics please, van or dog, we like both!

Reactions: Bav

Welcome. Our dogs were the reason or was it excuse to get a T6? Living the Dream!

Just had a look on Vanstyle and think I will wait for that lol - nice idea but so far not had any issues :unsure:
The time you'll have an issue is when the parking attendant is writing out a penalty charge notice because your ticket has slid down the gap at the back of the dash where it meets your screen (only it doesn't!). I got mine for about £9 on eBay - money well spent!

Hi Jasperoony, I’ve just taken the plunge with a deposit on my first ever VW van, a 2019 T6 Caravelle. The interwebs took me to your introductory thread when I asked it what I should know as a new T6 owner. Have you had a good 9 months with Mac and the MacBus? Sending strokes to Mac

Hi Jasperoony, I’ve just taken the plunge with a deposit on my first ever VW van, a 2019 T6 Caravelle. The interwebs took me to your introductory thread when I asked it what I should know as a new T6 owner. Have you had a good 9 months with Mac and the MacBus? Sending strokes to Mac
Hi FairyCakes230

We are really pleased with the MacBus and other than a puncture and some AdBlue and a small amount of engine oil she is running very well.

Only needed a 1/4ltr of oil so just a top up and covered 8000 miles so far, 17000 in total.

Took the bench seat out and now have a 4 seater with Mac’s cage between the front drivers/passengers seat and the 2 single (was middle seats that can face either way) seats kind of wedging it in and holding it secure - if we need to carry someone we just push them back but it gives us a huge space in the rear.

Fitted some window deflectors that I think are a waste of money, bought a start/stop device that did not work so just leaving everything else as it came.

Love the digital dash, 2 big cup holders and the higher driving position and it is very comfortable but the ctr cup holder is a waste and is used for change really.

If you do get one then a 6 is slightly different to the 6.1 and especially the dash and storage etc but you won’t regret it.

Mac dearly loves it and knows he is off somewhere nice when we open his side door ;)

That’s awesome, I’m so pleased for you and for Mac! I think apart from finding where to put them I’m going to have a lot of fun taking seats in and out for different configurations. It was like a fun rubiks cube playing with the seats when we first saw it. I sounds like there’s a lot more storage up front in the T6.1, but it looked like there was still plenty in the T6. We test drove it today, the boss isn’t massively keen on the driving position but other than that it’ll be an amazing space for us. When we saw it the other day it had just been part exchanged, not cleaned or prepped yet, and there were muddy pawprints in the cabin that my little girl wanted to keep! Seems an excellent canine limo. Thanks for replying. James

Hi James, think the 6 has slightly better storage and better arranged but personal preference really.

The rear bench seat is very heavy and I mean very heavy so beware :thumbsup:

As with most vehicles ensure the service record is good and you should be all ok - enjoy and the boss will come around very soon once you get out and about ;)

The garage have been first class, it’s actually a Skoda dealer but they’re doing all the services like DSG and timing belt, fixing all the advisories from last MoT. Really impressed with them.
Thanks for the tip on the bench. I don’t need a knackered back, so I’m very grateful for the heads up!

I wouldn't be without our Vera now, so much fun for the kids and dogs. I just wish I had bought a Caravelle years ago when I first started looking. Just so versatile.

I second the bench weight... I know it can come out but I doubt it ever will. Single seats are easy enough though.

Back