Cab heater only blowing cold air

Forrest4799

T6 Pro
Any help on what I should be checking, tomorrow I will check coolant levels after that I’m a bit lost!....thanks for any help

Post a pic of your heater controls and dash clocks when engine at temp.

Possible stuck blends doors.
Snapped cable actuator.

do the dials appear to be working?

ie direction and blower speed?

is its just the temp dial that has no cause/effect?

what about the AC?

does the coolant temp sit at 90C when the engine running? (dash clocks)

do the dials appear to be working?

ie direction and blower speed?

is its just the temp dial that has no cause/effect?

what about the AC?

does the coolant temp sit at 90C when the engine running? (dash clocks)
Morning

ok I’ve been for a drive (25min) tried the speed dial works fine on all 4 setting, the directional dial works fine, the temp. dial is blowing only cold.
Tried the AC and just blows really cold.
Oil temp. Is as per photo which was taken after 25 min drive and the time it’s taken to write this reply.

looks as though it could be the temp dial not working, is it an easy fix?

what are your thoughts

again thanks for any advice

image.jpg

Ok. First thing I would do is a full reset on the BCM and Climate panel..

To iron out any gremlins..

Then we can start looking at hardware....

Hi has anyone had the hot air all of a sudden stop working and only getting cold air. Tia

Have you checked your coolant level ? Bloody hell someone reasonably local I noticed

Hi niknak, thanks for your reply.
Checked hoses and coolant level all ok. Have got a new resistor to see if it’s that!
Only a few miles down the road from you

Resistor pack only does fan speed, hows the van on the coolant temp do you notice it falling when driving sounds like you could have a stuck open thermostat or even water pump partially stuck if you have the electric style pump

Hi

The above is some information i posted when my heater started to blow cold. It may be helpful to you

Hi

The above is some information i posted when my heater started to blow cold. It may be helpful to you
Hi

Hi Andy thanks for reply, will look into it, cheers

Resistor pack only does fan speed, hows the van on the coolant temp do you notice it falling when driving sounds like you could have a stuck open thermostat or even water pump partially stuck if you have the electric style pump
is it something you could or be prepared look at as I see you’re a mechanic?

Yes mate I could swing by after work Monday and take a quick look I work in Aylesford if you pm me your number we can sort out a time

Morning

ok I’ve been for a drive (25min) tried the speed dial works fine on all 4 setting, the directional dial works fine, the temp. dial is blowing only cold.
Tried the AC and just blows really cold.
Oil temp. Is as per photo which was taken after 25 min drive and the time it’s taken to write this reply.

looks as though it could be the temp dial not working, is it an easy fix?

what are your thoughts

again thanks for any advice

View attachment 84124
Hi Forrest 4799 I have the same problem, what was wrong with yours please?

Hi Tony,

In the end I took the van to VW Robinson’s motor group, after a couple of distressing phone calls and quotes the diagnosis was motor control arm broken at top of heater box therefore needed to replace the hot/cold motor and housing.
not cheap but they had the van so went with it....hopefully yours will be something easier and cheaper to fix

Back