Heater issue. 2018 T6 Shuttle

Maxmac

Newbie here, so apologies for any idiocy. Drivers side heater not working. Still blows air fine but only cold! All others working fine, passenger side and the all the back (have a T6 shuttle). Can’t work out why the blower works but no heat and only a problem on the drivers side. Took it to VW van centre and they had it for hours and said they don’t know either but want to book it in for FURTHER diagnostics at a cost of £180! Help!

Do you have the climate AC panel?

Got a pic?

It will most likely be the blend doors stuck or faulty...

You can try a full power reset...

Also try setting the blowers on full power and cycle through all the position settings on full hot then full cold...... do this cycle about 5 times to see it it frees up the flap motors..

It's also good practice for everyone once a month to keep the blend doors operating proper.....especially if like me you normally just keep the dials in one spot....

Learnt this from experience on the T5.1.

You can play with the blend doors in the HVAC mod via VCDS.... and do a factory default position setting.

hi. I've the same problem as the author. passenger and rear is fine but drivers is cold. its showing no faults, both probes in side vents are working. my friend is baffled by this, says it could be little radiator in matrix. he's come across this problem with vw passat but not the T6. it's 2018 with the climate controls. thanks and much appreciated for any help.

this is the controls

20210427_190042.jpg

hi peeps. heater went doolally on Satdi.
passenger and rear is fine, nice n warm, but drivers is cold. its showing no faults, both probes in side vents are working. my friend is baffled by this, says it could be little radiator in matrix, half full of sludge. he's come across this problem with vw passat but not the T6. it's 2018 with the climate controls. thanks and much appreciated for any help.

20210427_190042.jpg

sorry forgot to say its the shuttle. cheers

hi peeps. heater went doolally on Saturday.
passenger and rear is fine, nice n warm, but drivers is cold. its showing no faults, both probes in side vents are working. my friend is baffled by this, says it could be little radiator in matrix, half full of sludge. he's come across this problem with vw passat but not the T6. it's 2018 with the climate controls. thanks and much appreciated for any help.

20210427_190042.jpg

It won't be sludge in the heater matrix. The electronic controls behind the dash are complicated and there are a number of threads on here about various issues.
If you aren't prepared to dismantle your dashboard to get to the controls, then it needs to go to a garage or dealer I am afraid.

Pete

cheers Pete. I'm prepared to have a go at anything, have you come across this issue before. everything is toasty apart from drivers side screen, feet n front facial vents. are you thinking it's an electrical issue. I've looked at other threads n none with partial heating. thanks again

I would imagine it’s electro-mechanical. An actuator has snapped or become disconnected.

No experience of this myself I am afraid.

Pete

Have you access to vcds can see all the temp sensors in the vents on there and see flap actuator positions

my pal works at hayselden vw in Barnsley. bn on his laptop, everything is working OK, temp sensors and flaps. no faults showing, that's why he mentioned the sludge in little radiator stopping heat coming to drivers side, common fault on passat. waiting on reply from his colleague at van centre. if you guys are in the know n come across this before. we're both baffled.

my pal works at hayselden vw in Barnsley. bn on his laptop, everything is working OK, temp sensors and flaps. no faults showing, that's why he mentioned the sludge in little radiator stopping heat coming to drivers side, common fault on passat. waiting on reply from his colleague at van centre. if you guys are in the know n come across this before. we're both baffled.
How about back flushing the heater matrix if you think there is a sludge restriction.
I have no idea where the hoses route but I suspect the engine compartment is the best access. Back flush with a domestic water hose but watch the pressure, mains pressure can be high in some areas.

Need to physically check the control flaps as the stepper motors may be ok but not moving the flaps due to linkage issues, then you say the sensors are ok again can’t rely on fault codes you need to look at actual temperature readings at set or actual temp because they could be misreading and shutting off the heat I’ve had in vent temp sensors on Octavias miss read temp and shut of the heat

thanks for the tips. I'll have a look at these on Saturday. get back to you with what I find. thanks again.

hello again. I've taken bottom part of dash off and found the fault, woohoo. it's this black n white link. as picture. I can move it by hand n back to being toasty again. doesn't move with controls, so leaving it with heat due to miserable weather. im thinking motor or something. thanks again for the tips. russ

20210430_194052.jpg

Hi momo I think you will find the same as attached pics.
I have a modified version fitted to mine and had a few more done at the same time as this is a common problem.
The white one is the original the other is the modified version.

B034FF89-0793-4EEE-8C89-B0047A76CF47.jpeg

C31AD076-2E0D-4E43-BEB0-60351A3D3E82.jpeg

6036D3C0-195D-4A47-8684-8616375F53BA.jpeg

Hi momo I think you will find the same as attached pics.
I have a modified version fitted to mine and had a few more done at the same time as this is a common problem.
The white one is the original the other is the modified version.

View attachment 114273

View attachment 114274

View attachment 114275
Hi mate, new guy here so apologies if I’m doing things the wrong way, I have just discovered this fault on my Caravell.. you seem to be the man to speak to regarding a new one... do you supply these little linkages? Any help is appreciated, thanks

Sam

Hi mate, new guy here so apologies if I’m doing things the wrong way, I have just discovered this fault on my Caravell.. you seem to be the man to speak to regarding a new one... do you supply these little linkages? Any help is appreciated, thanks

Sam
Hi Sam yes I can supply it for you.
It’s £30 which includes postage which has to be signed for.
If you contact me on 07880620367 we can sort out details for delivery etc.
Regards Tony

Back