Heater inlet from outside to inside of van. Is there a suitable place?

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Afternoon all, I want to run an external mounted diesel heater (Chinese brand) from outside the van, but duct the hot ait into the inside of the van. Is there an obvious place to put the inlet?
Reasons being I use the heater in the garage and also want to use the heater as an odd night away set up. Also, the van is leased so are not going to go down the permanent fixture route. I'd prefer the hot air to enter the van somewhere up front as we sleep in the rear.
Any ideas?

Afternoon all, I want to run an external mounted diesel heater (Chinese brand) from outside the van, but duct the hot ait into the inside of the van. Is there an obvious place to put the inlet?
Reasons being I use the heater in the garage and also want to use the heater as an odd night away set up. Also, the van is leased so are not going to go down the permanent fixture route. I'd prefer the hot air to enter the van somewhere up front as we sleep in the rear.
Any ideas?
There’s a large circular hole under both front seats - it may be slightly smaller than your heater hose but worth adapting towards, so you can fit your heater without upsetting the lease firm.

926DD10F-3159-425C-B5A3-AC99E1EEB6A5.jpeg

Depending on your model, you may find (like my PV) that they’re not used and are vacant.

Last edited:
Back