Heated Wing-Mirrors not working?

Tommy

T6 Guru
I was under the impression my wing mirrors were heated. Had a 1st frost this week and when came to flick the switch to heat there was nothing there :laugh: (no icon like was on my Caddy) , its something i've never took any notice of since owing the van.

Am I missing something or are some wing mirrors not heated

If you have the heated position on the rotary switch on the door to control the mirrors then they are heated

What position is your mirror switch?

just been out to take a picture and upload and noticed the heated icon :laugh:

Whilst sitting in the drivers seat you cant actually see the icon and was fumbling about in the dark the other morning getting nowhere - apologises and what a numpty but glad i've now discovered its there :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Could always set them to come on with rear heated screen, carista or vdcs :)
Unless you’ve no rear screen.

There’s an option to enable the heated mirrors to activate when you turn the rear screen heater on but requires software to activate

I was under the impression my wing mirrors were heated. Had a 1st frost this week and when came to flick the switch to heat there was nothing there :laugh: (no icon like was on my Caddy) , its something i've never took any notice of since owing the van.

Am I missing something or are some wing mirrors not heated

I have fix that worked on my T6 highline using the Carista blutooth Obd device I went into customise settings there is a sub section that said enable front heated windscreen with rear screen Demister switch when I disabled this option the heated mirrors worked a treat as soon as I switched the door toggle switch to the heated mirror icon centre top on the assembly no need to push just simply twist to the position hope it works for you I was smiling like a Cheshire Cat when it warmed up within 10 seconds from centre outwards.

So you disabled front windscreen heater to come on with rear window heater and it made your heated wing mirrors work better?

I'll try that if so as I'm not sure mine work, although I've not had a frost since owning it.

My heated mirrors don't appear to be working. I've tried them with the switch on the door (in the photo above) set to heated with the heated rear screen and without the heated rear screen on and neither setting seems to get the heated windows on. I drove for 40 mins yesterday and the mirrors were still iced up when I arrived at work.

I have fix that worked on my T6 highline using the Carista blutooth Obd device I went into customise settings there is a sub section that said enable front heated windscreen with rear screen Demister switch when I disabled this option the heated mirrors worked a treat as soon as I switched the door toggle switch to the heated mirror icon centre top on the assembly no need to push just simply twist to the position hope it works for you I was smiling like a Cheshire Cat when it warmed up within 10 seconds from centre outwards.
It is actually heated mirrors on with heated rear windscreen, not windshield..

My heated mirrors don't appear to be working. I've tried them with the switch on the door (in the photo above) set to heated with the heated rear screen and without the heated rear screen on and neither setting seems to get the heated windows on. I drove for 40 mins yesterday and the mirrors were still iced up when I arrived at work.
If you want fella I have carista you could try and set them to come on with the rear screen, and any other bits you want fettling why we are at it?

If you want fella I have carista you could try and set them to come on with the rear screen, and any other bits you want fettling why we are at it?

Thanks for the offer, van is being picked up by the dealers on Mon to hhave a look at the heated mirrors, fit a new grill and a few other jobs. They are bringing it back Thurs. But would be good to have a mini meet and a brew sometime.

Thanks for the offer, van is being picked up by the dealers on Mon to hhave a look at the heated mirrors, fit a new grill and a few other jobs. They are bringing it back Thurs. But would be good to have a mini meet and a brew sometime.
Cool yeah I’d be up for lad will start a thread and see if we can get a few of us together for a northwest meet :)

Back