Heated Wing Mirror not working

xswind

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 T6 Highline and the drivers heated wing mirror is not working as in it does not heat up.
Is this something I can get fixed on Warranty ? Non power folding type.

I would take a look myself but am unable to see how to take it all apart, I have seen other posts showing how to take it apart once the glass is removed but I have no idea how to remove the glass?

Can someone offer some advice?

It would be fixed under warranty if you took it back to dealer
If you want to have a look yourself then the mirror glass pops off, the best method is to adjust the mirror fully up or down allowing you to get something behind the edge of the glass (preferably something flat and wide) and just lever it until the glass pops off, there are two wires coming out of the mirror assembly that plug into the back of the mirror glass with small spade type connectors, it's possible these are loose/not connected but you could at least see if you ha e 12v on them when the heated mirrors are turned on ?

Hi guys is there a fuse for the heated mirrors and if so which one? Mine don't seem to be heating up all connections have been checked but no voltage at the pins when switched on

From memory, think my heated mirrors only works if rear-demister or heated screen on. Not sure if this is a coded thing but I remember thinking they knackered but then noticed they worked some of the time. When on you can feel the heat if u touch with hand.

Kev

you have got it switched on via the drivers side "heated mirror switch" right?

you need to manually switch it on/off (12 oclock setting on the pic below)

mirro_switch_trim_van-x_comfort_dash_1__1.png

My Van goes in for it's second service next week. The passenger mirror only de-mists at the bottom third, and I've told the dealership, but I'm not holding my breath.

I imagine they will just swap the glass for a new unit

Back