Heated Windscreen Failure (half Screen Only) [Resolved]

Hi, so with the cold weather being here I have used my brand new T6's heated windscreen. However it doesn't work or at least half works. clicked the button and the near side works fine and feels hot, offside is cold to touch and didn't defog or defrost windscreen.

Any thoughts or trouble shouting? I am new to the T6 and it has 300 miles on it!!

As above. Prob fuse, if it worked before.

Mine wasn't working and found that Autoglass(replacement) had connected N/S incorrectly under scuttle.

You have to remove the wipers and the scuttle plate lifts off, then are a force fit onto a splined shaft and can be very tight to get off
I think (and it is only think) that if you remove the black metal plate at either end, which you can do without removing the scuttle then you can see the connectors and get a hand in onto them

You have to remove the wipers and the scuttle plate lifts off, then are a force fit onto a splined shaft and can be very tight to get off
I think (and it is only think) that if you remove the black metal plate at either end, which you can do without removing the scuttle then you can see the connectors and get a hand in onto them

i think i might have to leave it to the VW dealer, ill have to take photos and stuff before it goes in as they'll no doubt scratch it based on previous history

Got the van fixed by LV in Rotherham. Turns out just as expected it was the connector incorrectly wired to the heater found under the scuttle as detailed in a previous thread. Pleased its fixed but now on with formal complaint against local VW dealer. They were so quick to accuse others being at fault rather than fix it.

Back