T6 Heated Steering Wheel retrofit

carlg

204 DSG Highline Kombi MY23
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have seen a golf7 heated steering wheel and just wondering if anyone has seen any settings in vcds ,or if it would be possible to retro fit .

Did not no they did heated @carlg . Cant say i have seen anythink in VCDS but then i have not looked really maybe @Adams would no ? any luck finding the right wheel yet mate ?

Did not no they did heated @carlg . Cant say i have seen anythink in VCDS but then i have not looked really maybe @Adams would no ? any luck finding the right wheel yet mate ?
I have found this golf 7 flat bottom one which I think as the same air bag as my van ,the buttons on the left are still different but if it's easy to change I could swop mine over .They didn't do heated on any gti,gt or r models .There is a button with seat and steering wheel on which turns both on at the same time ,so not sure if it could be retro fitted .
I can't find a gti wheel with same buttons on ,and they look different shape to my buttons .

VW do, do a standard flat bottom S-wheel, not sure if the exe or business model has heated one tho.

@StudleyGlass do you still have your old steering wheel ,if it's not to much trouble could you post a photo of the wheel without the airbag so I can compare it to the one I have see .
Cheers

Yes sure @carlg but it's in the factory, don't think are be back in there until wensensday morning. I will take a shot for you then if that ok?

Our BCM's are different to them of a mk7 golf, maybe it is possible on our BCM's (PQ25 platform), might just be another undiscovered option. If you could find another car from the PQ25 platform with heated steering wheel then you'd know it's possible

Our BCM's are different to them of a mk7 golf, maybe it is possible on our BCM's (PQ25 platform), might just be another undiscovered option. If you could find another car from the PQ25 platform with heated steering wheel then you'd know it's possible
@Adams how would I find out ?

hello all.
I had a heated steering wheel on my Touareg and didn’t think I’d miss it
Have any of you fitted one?
Thanks.

I'm sure I read on here somewhere that the wiring isnt there in the steering column so cant be done. I would have liked it, as had it on my Discovery, but actually have got used to not having it now.

It was just one of those mods that if it was possible id have done it, well, someone else would have as im crap at that sort of thing......
Any other thoughts then please keep em coming.

Thanks alot!

Cheers.

I've done a search but not found anything conclusive. I'm sure I read on here that someone had achieved this perhaps @Robert?
I've just won myself a golf mk7 flappy paddle wheel on ebay, I know the wheel is a straight swap (need to change buttons) and paddles will work. The new wheel is also heated, is it possible to make this work too? I've got factory heated seats so hoping I can wire it to work with the drivers side switch.

Thoughts anyone?
Cheers in advance.

I have upgraded my MFSW to flat bottom with DSG paddle shift few years ago and I didn't think about heated version then.

VAG uses few control/activation methods.
Some heated MFSW use dedicated button on the wheel itself and some others use HVAC controls via infotainment controls.

Interlinking driver seat heating and MFSW has also been done by VW on some of their vehicles(Jetta).

The challenge would be to match combined heating elements resistance to be within acceptable range. Than next thing would be resistance range of thermistor/thermistors. And final and most important, steering angle unit would need to be able to provide extra connections. Two for MFSW heating element and possibly another two for thermistor.

As usual everything is possible it is just a matter of time and money;).

I have upgraded my MFSW to flat bottom with DSG paddle shift few years ago and I didn't think about heated version then.

VAG uses few control/activation methods.
Some heated MFSW use dedicated button on the wheel itself and some others use HVAC controls via infotainment controls.

Interlinking driver seat heating and MFSW has also been done by VW on some of their vehicles(Jetta).

The challenge would be to match combined heating elements resistance to be within acceptable range. Than next thing would be resistance range of thermistor/thermistors. And final and most important, steering angle unit would need to be able to provide extra connections. Two for MFSW heating element and possibly another two for thermistor.

As usual everything is possible it is just a matter of time and money;).

Cheers for that Robert, I guess I'll have to wait until the wheel arrives then take it from there. Its not something I really want to spend loads of money on but my time I don't mind. I did expect to have to change the steering head angle doofer for the extra heating element connections..

I'll add any progress if and when it happens.

Brought our daughter a kia picanto to learn to drive in and it came with heated seats plus heated steering wheel. Thought what a completely pointless gadget. Used the car the other day when it was cold so put on the heated wheel and it was brilliant! Sorry can't help with your question but its well worth persevering with.

If this can be made to work it would be enough to get me to swap steering wheel. I had it on my last Volvo and it was great in cold temperatures (though slightly spoiled by Volvo putting metal trims on the wheel that got extremely cold and that your hands would keep touching as you turned the wheel}.

Back