Fitting Heated Seats from other vehicles to my OEM setup

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Do most heated seats have the same wiring?. For example does the T6 heated seat have the 'same' wiring as say, a Landrover heated seat.. regarless of rails and mounting points..

theoretically cut off plugs and wire alien seat to the host?.

Last edited:
Thats a good question, i suppose as long as the power circuit supplying the seats is man enough to run the alternative then cant see how it would make much difference

I guess the next question would be to find out the maximun width an alien seat could be? To allow it to swival past 'B' pillar etc..
I've seen T5/6 with RS4 wing back seats etc... so need to get some tech drawing to work out whats available..

I do have my eye on a pair or seats I think would be awesome and different, dont want to loose the lush warm seats.. so heated is a must!.
Thought about the R333's but have already seen them, so there out..

Hard decisions ahead..

Having looked into this abit more, the seats that I am after are a custom build in Ireland. I have spoken / quizzed them and the seat they use is a basic off the shelf with bespoke heating elemments fitted in and recovered..
So will do the same but at half the cost..
The VW seats are 10amp and said heated seats are individually fused at 10amp.. so no issues there, just need addition plugs for alien seat.

Back