So I am looking at doing the same thing, using the OEM heater control panel with heated seats buttons, but I have Audi A5 heated seats. As far as I understand the A5 seats have 4 wires for the heated seats - 2 for the heating elements and 2 for presumably the temperature sensors. So in theory I am thinking that I could use the OEM heater controller with a relay box and pug in the A5 seats? Or is my theory stupid!?

I have a genuine VW T6 relay box for both seats, it has an 8 pin plug on it for connecting the buttons and seat elements, will need to lookup the wiring diagram for it but think it's all that is required in terms of controlling it, I bought it on a whim (it's from a written off T6 caravelle) then realised it needs the temp sensors for it to work ??

@Pauly you haven’t still got this, have you?

No part numbers to hand would need to look it up with the relevant PR codes but I do remember that a replacement HVAC control unit is at least 300 + vat
I’m sure a couple people have just bought ones out of cars (golf maybe ?) and done a straight swap

No part numbers to hand would need to look it up with the relevant PR codes but I do remember that a replacement HVAC control unit is at least 300 + vat
I’m sure a couple people have just bought ones out of cars (golf maybe ?) and done a straight swap

thank you

thank you
I’ve got heated seats from a T5 and a HVAC from a Passat, so once I know what other bits I need, I’ll be able to confirm whether other VAG units work.

@Pauly is it just a control relay(s) and wiring that I’d need?

I think so but never really got into it, another one of the jobs I haven’t got around to on mine

I think so but never really got into it, another one of the jobs I haven’t got around to on mine
Hah tell me about it.

If anyone is able to advise, it’s something I’d be keen to crack on with over Christmas

Hah tell me about it.

If anyone is able to advise, it’s something I’d be keen to crack on with over Christmas

Would it be possible to send me a photo of the heater control unit that your going to fit?

electrical parts for seat and backrest heating
for vehicle with individual seats PR-3TD, 3TH+ 3SD, 3SH
1 7E5963555 heater element-seat left 1 PR-3TD, 3TH
1 7E5963555 heater element-seat right 1 PR-3SD, 3SH
2 7E0963557C backrest heater element left 1 PR-3TD, 3TH
2 7E096557C backrest heater element right 1 PR-3SD, 3SH
3 3B0972734 flat contact housing 8 pin
black X
4 1J0972923 flat contact housing with contact locking mechanism 2 pin X
5 1K0971818 cable ties
D >> - 12.02.2012 4,6X160 X
6 4B0971848 cable holder X
8 1J0972712 flat connector housing with contact locking mechanism 2 pin
black X
9 N90685101 bracket for connector housing 6, 5
black X
20 5K0959772 control unit for seat heating
D >> - 30.09.2012 1

I still haven't found the ejector seat button, I'm sure I ordered it as an option.

Has anyone got a dash with ALL the buttons in place that would be awesome to see!

i think unlikely. you need at least the 4 motion diff lock and both side electric sliding doors

there's one ebay seller that has a few custom buttons for the T6, but they can't be placed anywhere since they are all slightly different shapes
VW T6 TRANSPORTER, CARAVELLE DASH / DASHBOARD BLANK BUTTON, PRINTED FUNNY | eBay

Will this part number replace my standard highline heater control?

3C8 907 336 AC

Will this part number replace my standard highline heater control?

3C8 907 336 AC

It looks the same, but I guess it’s what is inside that counts? I’m hoping someone in the know can tell us both

So I've just bought one of these, do I need additional plugs that fit the unit or are they already in the current loom/multiply? 20181214_164757.jpg

No I don’t mate, can get if for you (or do my best to get it right I should say) but it won’t be u til the weekend I’m flat out at the moment
I do know it’s very expensive way of doing it though, the main components I expect would be into four figures before you get onto custom wiring and fitting

I've been quoted £880+vat for the supply and fit on the OEM modules, harness and elements and £600+vat for the control panel...(I've already bought one of these)

If I had the part numbers I might get it cheaper myself and pay them to fit it so I appreciate your time providing this and the weekend is fine with me.

Back