I still haven't found the ejector seat button, I'm sure I ordered it as an option.

Has anyone got a dash with ALL the buttons in place that would be awesome to see!

My kombi heat buttons are centre of dials. (As shown above).

Just brought a new passengers captain seat and its heated, any one retro fitted? part numbers of heated seat switches or has someone got a number plate I can borrow?
Hi, I have a pair of genuine t5 heated seats fitted to my camper. The leisure battery is under the drivers seat with another part that allows the van to switch to charge the leisure battery as it’s a t6?. I am happy to just have switched at the side of each seatbut where can I get the fused supply from?. Also how do I connect to the seat?. Did you manage to sort yours out

I have a T6 highline without heated seats. If I buy heated seats, how easy is it to get them to work in my van? Do I need extra wiring?

There will be nothing in place for them in terms of wiring and you cant do it the factory way as the buttons are integrated into the AC control unit that would be hundreds of pounds to replace so the common way is to buy an aftermarket kit that has local switches that normally mount on the seat base somewhere then all you need is a 12v supply for them

I did this in my old van. I found some pads on eBay that had a small round push button with 3 heat levels. The buttons fitted in to the dash. It worked really well. Hazzydayz wanted a grand to fit oem heated seats. :eek:

I have a T6 highline without heated seats. If I buy heated seats, how easy is it to get them to work in my van? Do I need extra wiring?

I fitted some German kit off Amazon for 29quid and it works a treat. I can turn em on remotely too so they are nice and toasty when I get in the van. Install took an hour but I just put the pads under the seat covers so was less messing about.

I'm interested in retrofitting heated seats and wondering if this went any further? contemplating making the purchase but wondering where to get the feed from?

ok so I have just found a heater control unit with the push buttons for heated seats. Now is there anything else required to run heating pads from the switches? Is there a module that the heater dials plugs into?

I looked into retro fitting genuine heated seats into my T5.1. It’s not as straight forward as you’d think. Each seat needs a temperature sensor and the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor too. Each seat needs a control module plus all the associated wiring looms. Hazzydayz quoted me £650 for the looms, heat pads, modules and sensors, I already had the dashboard control unit. I didn’t bother in the end and fitted a generic heated seat kit.

Reactions: .50
Yes the genuine seats/button setup has three heat settings with a temp sensor feeding back, i just happen to have a VW T6 heated seats relay/controller that i bought for mine if you want another piece of the puzzle

Cheers for the replies. Just been digging a little deeper and found a thread on google from a 5.1 facelift forum which says that it’s a simple loom going from the switch, fuse board, bcm and ground to the heating pads.. hmmm I am tempted as I’ve been offered the heater control unit for a silly price. Pauly what exactly do you have kicking around? Do you have a picture?

Deaky your suggestion does sound far simpler. I assume they only work when ignition is on? If so where did you take the feed from?

I have a genuine VW T6 relay box for both seats, it has an 8 pin plug on it for connecting the buttons and seat elements, will need to lookup the wiring diagram for it but think it's all that is required in terms of controlling it, I bought it on a whim (it's from a written off T6 caravelle) then realised it needs the temp sensors for it to work ??

Cool. I've seen the options in vcds. Wonder how much the elements are for the seats.. bet they’re not cheap

100 ish and you need four that's why I didn't pursue the genuine route

Ouch.. yeah I totally understand hmmm waeco retro fit heated seats it might have to be then.. and as it uses generic switches I wonder if the oem heater unit switch would work instead? Do you have a circuit diagram of the heater unit Pauly? Oh and any idea if it’s a separate plug on the back? It’s just a thought as it will only be switching a relay so in theory no major load

Not a separate plug it's a couple multi pin connectors, I will checkout the wiring and come back

Cheers for the replies. Just been digging a little deeper and found a thread on google from a 5.1 facelift forum which says that it’s a simple loom going from the switch, fuse board, bcm and ground to the heating pads.. hmmm I am tempted as I’ve been offered the heater control unit for a silly price. Pauly what exactly do you have kicking around? Do you have a picture?

Deaky your suggestion does sound far simpler. I assume they only work when ignition is on? If so where did you take the feed from?
I found a thick ign live in the fuse box and spliced them into that. The kit I got had a push button with 3 heat settings, I got hold of a heater control panel with the heated seat buttons on with the intention of trying to make it control my aftermarket pads but I couldn’t figure it out

Back