Elliott

Lifeguard
T6 Pro
Just brought a new passengers captain seat and its heated, any one retro fitted? part numbers of heated seat switches or has someone got a number plate I can borrow?

Oooer @Elliott , don't let Thogg hear you say that ref number plate ;) More seriously, can you let us know how you get on with the retrofit pleas, pics as well as part numbers etc would be great :), as this is one upgrade I'm planning on mine when I get hold of her :thumbsup:

If you want heated seats have you considered after market retrofits, the controls dont fit in the same style ie on the dash, you would end up with a button(s) beside the seat to turn on/put on boost but price is a lot more reasonable (and you could possible recable to dash)
I would hazard a guess that buying all the switches and trims from VW to fit in the factory style would probably cost about the same as buying a full aftermarket retrofit kit that would be simpler to install ??

If you want heated seats have you considered after market retrofits, the controls dont fit in the same style ie on the dash, you would end up with a button(s) beside the seat to turn on/put on boost but price is a lot more reasonable (and you could possible recable to dash)
I would hazard a guess that buying all the switches and trims from VW to fit in the factory style would probably cost about the same as buying a full aftermarket retrofit kit that would be simpler to install ??
Pauly, do you think that someone may sell a switch for them that goes into the bank of blanks on most peoples dashboards (unless you happen to be one of those lucky sods that have more buttons up front than they know what to do with). Was hoping that when I get round to getting a full leather retrim, I'd have heaters installed, and an extra button on the dash would be nice.

The stock heater buttons go inside the centre of the heater dials which would require replacing the dials, may also require modding the wiring plugs in behind them ? not sure if there is separate plugs for dial and heater button or if they are combined in one large multi plug
If this is something that someone wants to seriously get into i am as always happy to track down parts/prices and fetch the wiring diagrams etc

We retrofit the Waeco seat heaters, they come in 2 or 3 heat level models and are excellent in quality and work really well. We fit the switches the the sides of the seats.

IMG_2240.JPG
The stock heater buttons go inside the centre of the heater dials which would require replacing the dials, may also require modding the wiring plugs in behind them ? not sure if there is separate plugs for dial and heater button or if they are combined in one large multi plug
If this is something that someone wants to seriously get into i am as always happy to track down parts/prices and fetch the wiring diagrams etc
My heated seat controls are in the strip above the heater dials, is the velle different?

@carravellet6 those are the buttons I was thinking of :thumbsup: , but I too have a stack of wishes & thoughts that are higher than my stack of readies :cry:

Pauly's pic is standard aircon controller.
Caravellet6 pic of his dash has twinzone climatronic air con hence the different butons for heated seats.

Interesting, my heated seat switches are on the ends of the row of switches above the heater controls, probably because I have the 3 zone climate controls...

I still haven't found the ejector seat button, I'm sure I ordered it as an option.

Has anyone got a dash with ALL the buttons in place that would be awesome to see!

Back