Heated-seat retrofit with illuminated buttons

FREDO

Australian Member
T6 Pro
I have a T6.1 Van and fitting heated seats and to light up the switch
when the lights are on I need to find a dash light wire.
Can anyone tell me an easy dash light wire I can tap into?
Also looking for a Ignition on Accessory wire to tap into.

Youll find the ambient lighting circuit behind any switch. Grey/blue +ve, brown -ve.

Theres an ignition live behind the headlight switch. I think it’s red/black but I might be wrong.

Im gonna guess you are looking for a switched live to power the heated seats in which case you need to think about where you tap into as the seats will pull a reasonable current when active so may be better going back to the fusebox ?

Im gonna guess you are looking for a switched live to power the heated seats in which case you need to think about where you tap into as the seats will pull a reasonable current when active so may be better going back to the fusebox ?
I was going to run the main power supply from the large red wire under the passenger seat. Will that be ok?

Makes sense, assume through a relay triggered by ign supply, makes even more sense :thumbsup:

Makes sense, assume through a relay triggered by ign supply, makes even more sense :thumbsup:
The heated seats have three wires.
* Constant Power ( I will connect to large red wire under passenger seat with inline 15A fuse )
* Dash light wire ( I have connected to wire from light switch)
* Acc on power. ( Looking for easy wire to get to for this)

Hope this is ok.

My heated seat kit had perm live, switched live and earth !
Used large red under passenger seat too.
Never seen a kit that needs light feed ?

Back