I have mine all working fine now.

Very simple. If pin 54is already taken it meant it didn’t need the K1.86 cable connecting at all as pin 54 was already connected from factory.

I have a spare loom with instructions if anyone is interested.

Just been reading through all this thread as I'm looking to wire up genuine heated seats I have bought. Apart from the loom and control panel with heated seats button. Am I right in thinking a control panel from another Vw can be used as long as it fits into the T5.1 dash obviously? What else was needed. Is it just the module and that's it? What's the part number for that then??

Out of interest how much are you looking at for the loom??

Cheers
Rich

Just been reading through all this thread as I'm looking to wire up genuine heated seats I have bought. Apart from the loom and control panel with heated seats button. Am I right in thinking a control panel from another Vw can be used as long as it fits into the T5.1 dash obviously? What else was needed. Is it just the module and that's it? What's the part number for that then??

Out of interest how much are you looking at for the loom??

Cheers
Rich
I tried a Passat module and it didn’t work

I tried a Passat module and it didn’t work
Can I just confirm, when you say module, you do mean the little square connector yer??
I typed in the part number listed in one of the post and found a module on eBay and says it's from a golf mark 6, caddy, Eos, Tiguan and T5/T6.
With regards to the heater control panel, will this be the same that it's pot luck on what works and what don't??

Can I just confirm, when you say module, you do mean the little square connector yer??
I typed in the part number listed in one of the post and found a module on eBay and says it's from a golf mark 6, caddy, Eos, Tiguan and T5/T6.
With regards to the heater control panel, will this be the same that it's pot luck on what works and what don't??

Sorry - I meant control unit (the dash module with the buttons)

I'm using a Passat control unit because I added a tailgate and needed the heated rear screen button, and it works fine. I'm soon to add heated seats so I'll be looking for a new control panel with the correct buttons.
Has anyone tried the control unit with individual heating zones left and right. I assume this will need additional hardware.

I'm using a Passat control unit because I added a tailgate and needed the heated rear screen button, and it works fine. I'm soon to add heated seats so I'll be looking for a new control panel with the correct buttons.
Has anyone tried the control unit with individual heating zones left and right. I assume this will need additional hardware.

I already have the unit with AC and heated screen as standard but added a full caravelle interior which had heated seats so thought may as well hook them up as they are there but wanna go factory than retro fit a switch on the side of the seat.
I've seen the control unit I need but not sure from which vehicle other than a T5 I can use.
Reading the posts above the only other parts needed are the module and a kufatec loom.
I just want to make sure I buy the right control panel

The part I used was ‘VW Passat Climate/ heater control unit circa 2012’ with part number 7N0907426BH

The intensity dial worked but the direction didn’t, and the re-circ button stayed illuminated regardless.

The part I used was ‘VW Passat Climate/ heater control unit circa 2012’ with part number 7N0907426BH

The intensity dial worked but the direction didn’t, and the re-circ button stayed illuminated regardless.

Ok. I'll look for one a little bit newer than circa 2012 then.

Hi, I just bought my control unit randomly a few years back from eBay. It was listed as a Transporter one. If I have it apart anytime soon I will get the part number off it. £50 inc delivery for the loom if anyone’s interested.

Tom

Hi, I just bought my control unit randomly a few years back from eBay. It was listed as a Transporter one. If I have it apart anytime soon I will get the part number off it. £50 inc delivery for the loom if anyone’s interested.

Tom

I'll be interested in that loom please mate. Pm me.
Yer that be awesome if you could get that part number at some point.

Hi folks, my first post in here. I’m fitting a pair of Audi A5 heated seats to my 2016 T6 highline and was weighing up whether to go for factory setup or aftermarket but do prefer the factory look, sounds like you guys have cracked the factory setup on VW seats. Do you know if the Kufatec connectors will fit the Audi seats? The Audi plug (green) looks to have 4 wires I’m guessing 2 power/earth and 2 for the thermistor for temp feedback?
Any advice appreciated.

6B31A5E0-3D21-447A-B1BF-91EA0A1A39D4.jpeg

Just in the middle of trying to fit this to my 2016 T6, the Kufatec isntructions truely are awful for a £70 cable!

Where it referes to drivers and passengers side in the instructions, does this mean UK drivers or EU drivers side? Right hand side or left hand side? Don't want to wire all this up and find that the opposite button on the dash does the opposite seats!

I have the heated seats from my T5 so just need to sort the wiring, relay etc. Can we assume the Kufatec is the only loom available to us at this present time?

Just in the middle of trying to fit this to my 2016 T6, the Kufatec isntructions truely are awful for a £70 cable!

Where it referes to drivers and passengers side in the instructions, does this mean UK drivers or EU drivers side? Right hand side or left hand side? Don't want to wire all this up and find that the opposite button on the dash does the opposite seats!

When I retro fitted cornering fogs using kufatec loom and instructions it became clear their instructions are for EU use so when I turned left my right fog illuminated. Had the swap the wires on the bcm. Annoying given the amount I paid.

I would suspect all their instructions are meant for LH vehiclese

Well this really isn't a fun or easy install!

I'm really disappointed in the instructions for this from kufatec, I've got to the bit to plug into the a/c control module and as said earlier in the thread pins 12&13 are already populated?

Am I supposed to use 10&11 as described for the climatronic?

Even if so the crimps do not push into the connector block, looks as if they're the wrong size!?

I found Kafatec instruction ok if you can read the German ones. If anyone needs some translations doing, post it on here and I'll do my best to help.

Well this really isn't a fun or easy install!

I'm really disappointed in the instructions for this from kufatec, I've got to the bit to plug into the a/c control module and as said earlier in the thread pins 12&13 are already populated?

Am I supposed to use 10&11 as described for the climatronic?

Even if so the crimps do not push into the connector block, looks as if they're the wrong size!?

Matt, I found the same with a 5.1, behind the glove box is a 17 pin connector that the wires go back to, so you can either wire to that or remove them from the back of the unit and isolate them just to be safe.

Back