Hi, I’m in the process of installing the kufatec loom, thanks to everyone for the help, that’s gone in perfectly.

Now, on the 8 pin connector for the bottom seat mat, there are 3 pins occupied. Can anybody shed any light on what the black/white cable does? The other two pins are joined to the connector to the backrest heating pad which has 2 pins.

Thanks!
The black and white wire connects to pin 4 of the heated front seat control box

Hi Deaky

Thanks for finding this out. However the link to the circuit diagram says I don’t have permission to view. Could you post it on here as a photo maybe?
Hi Deaky

Thanks for finding this out. However the link to the circuit diagram says I don’t have permission to view. Could you post it on here as a photo maybe?
That’s one of the benefits of being a VIP member

Ok, everything is wired up as per the instructions, however I have a slight problem of there being a constant 12V to the seat pads, regardless of whether the heated buttons are pressed or not.

I have the air conditioning panel not climatronic. Have used pins 12/13

Pin 36 T73A BCM
Pin 54 T73A already populated.
Fused at SC27
Earthed to the chassis

So
Off - 12V
Stage 3 - 12V
Stage 2 - 12V
Stage 1 - 12V

Very confused why this would be....

I've managed to order the wrong heated seat pads - I ordered 7D0963555 and 7D0963557 when I should've ordered 7E0963555 and 7E0963557. They've come from Lithuania and I'm reluctant to return them as, reading the forum, I think I can just re-pin them with different connectors.

Looking here, I think I need connectors 12, 3 and 4 to be able to plug straight into the Kufatec loom I've already installed in the van. I'm not sure of the pins though if anyone could help?

I think I need to:

Add connector 12 (1J0973332) to the backrest seater element. It has 2 wires; brown and brown/blue that are currently without a connector

Replace existing 2 pin connector on seat element with connector 4 (1J0973119). This has 2 wires brown/blue and black/yellow. This will connect to connector above and join the 2 elements together (brown -> brown/blue and black/yellow -> brown/blue)

What I'm not sure about is this:
Replace existing 4 pin connector on seat element with connector 3 (3B0972734). The existing connector has 4 wires of 2 gauges. 2 thicker wires (brown and black/yellow) and 2 thinner wires (black/white and black/brown). I assume that the thicker sets of wires are the element and the thinner the temperature sensor. This new connector will plug into the Kufatec supplied loom (pins 2, 3 and 4 populated). Looking at the T6 Heated Seats schematic and also the post quoted below, I think I need to connect:

Pin 2 black/white
Pin 3 brown and black/brown
Pin 4 black/yellow

T6 heated plug -> A5 Heated Seat Plug
Pin 2 Pin 2 (Black /white)
Pin 3 Pin 3 (Brown) & Pin 1 (Brown / green)
Pin 4 Pin 4 (Red/White)

Pin 3 is ground, whichever is the remaining thick cable is the element, thin cable the sense.

Does this sound OK?

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Last edited:
Have a look through this thread.
You might find something useful.

Have a look through this thread.
You might find something useful.

Thanks Robert - I already had :)

in the final throws i hope on this installation myself and still have an issue im needing help with. all connections are sorted except K1.86 and pin 54. as already established, pin 54 has continuity with pin 1 on relay 644 (which K1.86 should go). so should cable 54 on the Kufatec loom splice into pin 1 which gives connection to pin 54 in the BCM and leave K1.86 disconnected or should K1.86 still go to pin 1 on the relay and leave cable 54 disconnected or does both K1.86 and cable 54 go to pin 1 on the relay?
as others have said, i feel i'm so close to success in this and any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers

in the final throws i hope on this installation myself and still have an issue im needing help with. all connections are sorted except K1.86 and pin 54. as already established, pin 54 has continuity with pin 1 on relay 644 (which K1.86 should go). so should cable 54 on the Kufatec loom splice into pin 1 which gives connection to pin 54 in the BCM and leave K1.86 disconnected or should K1.86 still go to pin 1 on the relay and leave cable 54 disconnected or does both K1.86 and cable 54 go to pin 1 on the relay?
as others have said, i feel i'm so close to success in this and any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers
I left A54 / K1.86 disconnected and the seats work perfectly. Hope that helps

Hi musttriharder, just tried that and no joy so must have an issue with another component. hopefully trying a my module in a tiguan tomorrow to confirm that one way or another. dont have the pads connected in the drivers seat as yet so that may be an issue too. will keep trying as im sure its really simple after the event

Hi musttriharder, just tried that and no joy so must have an issue with another component. hopefully trying a my module in a tiguan tomorrow to confirm that one way or another. dont have the pads connected in the drivers seat as yet so that may be an issue too. will keep trying as im sure its really simple after the event
I wired in the loom, then attached the seat pads to see if it was all working before putting them in the seats - could feel them warming up straight away once I’d got a module that was working. Suggest you read through the thread as some great advice was offered to check voltage / resistance figures. If they all check out, then it must be the module. Mine turned out to be a dodgy Lithuanian version

thinking that as I've got power to the 8 pin connector ok. Have read this thread so many times now but hopefully when i put my module into the tiguan tomorrow (assuiming it fits) i kind of hope it doesnt work. drivers pads will be here on thursday from VW so should eliminate these 2 elements of the puzzle. did you use pins 10 and 11 on the aircon controller?

thinking that as I've got power to the 8 pin connector ok. Have read this thread so many times now but hopefully when i put my module into the tiguan tomorrow (assuiming it fits) i kind of hope it doesnt work. drivers pads will be here on thursday from VW so should eliminate these 2 elements of the puzzle. did you use pins 10 and 11 on the aircon controller?
No - 12 and 13

dont think i have an issue here due to my aircon controller and 10 & 11 were empty as opposed to 12 and 13. using all the parts as listed by Stevecole at the start of the thread.
does point to a faulty module at the moment

dont think i have an issue here due to my aircon controller and 10 & 11 were empty as opposed to 12 and 13. using all the parts as listed by Stevecole at the start of the thread.
does point to a faulty module at the moment
Have you tried removing the existing 12 and 13 and replacing them with the Kufatec versions? If you use a multimeter, you should see power switching on/off, even if the module isn't present

cheers, am going to look at this side of things this morning and see what happens. Getting the bcm wire connected in wasn't fun, lying on my back in the footwell lol.

Ok, filally got to the bottom of this
I've been trying the same part numbers as Stevecole in this and have now got them working at last
as has been said and i can confirm, leave cable 54 from the bcm and cable K1.86 disconnected and tape up
where i had my issue was the 2 controller cables in the back of the ac controller, pins 10 and 11 did not work and i used these as 12 and 13 were populated in my loom.
I've now removed 12 and 13 cables and swapped them over with the Kufatec loom and i now have heated seats. Result!

Thanks to this thread and all the helpful posts and info, I’ve managed to source the parts and hoping to retrofit heated seats 5 years late.

Have I got the wiring layout correct for the kufatec loom?

AC controller part no for reference in my case is 7E0 907 047 AC which matches the existing 2015 dated AC unit part no for an eu5 t6.

3C8 907 336 AC as listed on page 1 appears to be a different unit as the part no doesn’t match the existing AC unit and they seem to have different dials
C04BA5F7-E370-4051-B935-C43CB8B92448.jpeg5312273D-FEE5-4551-8B6D-3B53C589C639.jpeg

I see your ac controller doesnt have the gloss black trim on it so this could be the difference to Stevecole and mine.
make note of my issue regarding pins 10,11,12 and 13 as this might save you a bundle of time.
any issues i can help with let me know

Back