Timmah

Can't find the plug behind the glove box so will splice into behind the a/c.

Do you know which is t20c?

There's 2 connections in the back of the a/c.

One is 20 pin and the other 16 pin.

the connector reference is always the number of pins it has plus a letter

Anyone know where the coding for heated seats is in vcds please?

Sorry, only just seen your question about the plug, Pauly has already answered, you could just remove the existing wires and replace with the new ones or cut and join the new ones on, the coding is in 09 - Central Electrics. go through the long coding as it's easier.

Sorry, only just seen your question about the plug, Pauly has already answered, you could just remove the existing wires and replace with the new ones or cut and join the new ones on, the coding is in 09 - Central Electrics. go through the long coding as it's easier.

Couldn't see it as an option in the long coding for 09 - Central electrics?

Couldn't see it as an option in the long coding for 09 - Central electrics?

Had another look and I can't see it on mine either, I was referring to another thread I had been reading, unfortunately I haven't finished installing my seats yet, will hopefully be doing them in the next couple of weeks so will keep you posted on what I find.

Sorry I can't be more help at the minute.

Hi folks, my first post in here. I’m fitting a pair of Audi A5 heated seats to my 2016 T6 highline and was weighing up whether to go for factory setup or aftermarket but do prefer the factory look, sounds like you guys have cracked the factory setup on VW seats. Do you know if the Kufatec connectors will fit the Audi seats? The Audi plug (green) looks to have 4 wires I’m guessing 2 power/earth and 2 for the thermistor for temp feedback?
Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 54995

Cerbie can confirm that A5 heated seats will work with the standard setup, the a5 heated seat plug has seperate ground for sense and heat, so you jsut need tot ie these together to be comaptible with T6 wiring:

T6 heated plug -> A5 Heated Seat Plug
Pin 2 Pin 2 (Black /white)
Pin 3 Pin 3 (Brown) & Pin 1 (Brown / green)
Pin 4 Pin 4 (Red/White)

Thanks Matt. So I just solder the Brown and Brown/green together and connect to the T6 brown wire? Does it matter that the wires are different gauge thickness from a current carrying point of view or are the T6 wires thinner gauge anyway?
Do you have a photo of the T6 seat plug so I can visualise?
Cheers

Hi folks, my first post in here. I’m fitting a pair of Audi A5 heated seats to my 2016 T6 highline and was weighing up whether to go for factory setup or aftermarket but do prefer the factory look, sounds like you guys have cracked the factory setup on VW seats. Do you know if the Kufatec connectors will fit the Audi seats? The Audi plug (green) looks to have 4 wires I’m guessing 2 power/earth and 2 for the thermistor for temp feedback?
Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 54995

Cerbie, if you want to keep the Audi plugs the the corresponding part you need is 4F0937741F and only a couple of quid from Audi, not sure if they are junior or standard power timer terminals without having another look though.

Thanks Matt and Tim. I’m going to start gathering the parts, now the mornings are getting cold it’ll spur me on to get the seats wired up! I’ll post some pics once I get going.:thumbsup:

Thanks Matt. So I just solder the Brown and Brown/green together and connect to the T6 brown wire? Does it matter that the wires are different gauge thickness from a current carrying point of view or are the T6 wires thinner gauge anyway?
Do you have a photo of the T6 seat plug so I can visualise?
Cheers
I’m going to be taking my passenger seat out soon to run some wires. I will take a couple of pics of the OEM wires.

Hi All
I've just embarked on the retro fitting the heated seats in my T6. I've genuine seats, a relay and the kufatec loom.

The kufatec instructions are terrible and to be honest I'm not sure where to start. I've looked at other threads and I'm none the wiser. I've done loads of retrofit work in the past and this is the first time I've struggled.

Has anyone done a step by step guide with nice simple pics etc ?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

Rob

I guess I’m looking for someone to confirm which pins it actually is, where they are, for example....is slot 27 on the fuse box good for power, do you splice into the wire in port 1, in the connect X relay etc etc

Did this need to be turned on with VCDS, I can’t find the option.

Edit: For those doing this in the future:

These didn’t need enabling with VCDS, but the engine has to be running for them to work! Also the two wires that go in to the AC controller are the wrong way round, ignore the instructions.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I've got a problem in my van and wondered if anyone may be able to help?
I fitted genuine cali heated seats using a kufatec loom and genuine t6 heated seat dash mounted dials/ controls.
A few of the pinouts for the loom were already occupied so I left the new loom cables out (both were supposed to go to the BCM A36 A54) and the seats worked fine without any coding.

My problem is that now the heater/AC blower goes round a continous loop from face- windscreen- feet and ignores the settings from the right hand control nob.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a coding issue or more likely to be because of my dodgy wiring?
Any advice is greatly appreciated, as its a right pain when it comes to demisting the windscreen or defrosting toes!
thanks in advance

Hi, I’m in the process of installing the kufatec loom, thanks to everyone for the help, that’s gone in perfectly.

Now, on the 8 pin connector for the bottom seat mat, there are 3 pins occupied. Can anybody shed any light on what the black/white cable does? The other two pins are joined to the connector to the backrest heating pad which has 2 pins.

Thanks!

Back