Heated mirrors

Mines at 12 o'clock on the T6, don't remember the pull back function on my T5 but was definitely different to the T6.

Its off centre if you have power folding or 12 oclock if you dont

That's strange......I had a look at the owners manual for the first time today! It implied that you just push the door mirror knob forward? I tried to rotate it but there was some resistance so I stopped....I didn't fancy twisting it off!! Do you push down and twist......or just twist......and does it go clockwise or anticlockwise.......or both? God, I feel like a tube even asking this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooooh......do you feel any resistance.........doesn't feel "natural" on mine?????

Nope no way of knowing its on, without checking the switch. Same issue with auto lights unless you happen to have satnav on and maps goes to night mode!
I think sat nav has its own light sensor ,The other day I drove down a road with lots of trees ,sat nav went Into night mode but auto lights where off .

I posted a VCDS code on Monday under a different thread in the VCDS area, titled heated mirrors and VCDS.
Whilst going through the modules I found one that states "heated mirrors on with rear windscreen". I am yet to actually test the electric circuitry, but I believe that this will most probably set up an 'and' gate. In that the mirror switch on the door "AND" the heated rear windscreen have to be on for the mirrors to actually heat. As the heated rear screen is relay time based, once it switches off, I expect that this will then isolate the mirror heaters (even though the mirror switch will still be on).

I posted a VCDS code on Monday under a different thread in the VCDS area, titled heated mirrors and VCDS.
Whilst going through the modules I found one that states "heated mirrors on with rear windscreen". I am yet to actually test the electric circuitry, but I believe that this will most probably set up an 'and' gate. In that the mirror switch on the door "AND" the heated rear windscreen have to be on for the mirrors to actually heat. As the heated rear screen is relay time based, once it switches off, I expect that this will then isolate the mirror heaters (even though the mirror switch will still be on).
Please keep us informed, I could do with that config; crazy at the moment:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope this helps.
Following on from a number of threads over the past week relating to heated mirrors, and how they are on a separate switch (on the mirror control stalk). I have had mine hooked up to VCDS today and was playing whilst getting an oil service. There is a code in VCDS that enables "mirror heating on with rear heater" it can be found at 09 - 15 - 03. @Pauly , this may be worth adding to your list.

The other one I found that I have turned on is "flashing brake lights emergency braking". It is at 09 - 12 - 04. I saw a BMW wizz past me on the M40 in busy traffic the other day only for the driver to stand on the anchors shortly afterwards and perform an emergency stop (nothing that unusual for a BMW driver I hear many say). What I noticed was that the car clearly recognised the force of braking and rapidly flashed the brake lights so that those behind were immediately drawn to the hazard of the sharp braking. I am therefore assuming that this function in the T6 brain does the same thing. I'll have to get the Mrs to drive behind me when i brake hard and see what happens (so long as it is flashing brake lights rather than an Octavia VRS burying itself into the back of the van, I'll be happy!)

Back