Heated mirrors

BIgben

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a t6 kombi swb highline.
As far as I was aware all the vans now have heated wing mirrors?
So the first morning with dew I got in the van, cleared the windows with the front and rear heaters and wipers and pushed forward the little mirror adjuster to set the mirrors clearing like they used to in the old T5.
But nothing happened, nada, zilch.
I tried other ways of pushing the button but no cigar.
So my question is..
Am I just being dim? Has my van been delivered faulty? Or am I misinformed and the van comes with the icon for de misting but not fitted as standard to the Highline?

on my highline i just turn the knob to the heated symbol
So so I was just being dim!
As @RattyMcClelland said, the old t5 I used to just push back the stalk so that is what I was trying...
@Nickdaw saves the day as I've just been out to the van in my socks and the blimin thing now turns all the way round!
Cheers chaps for your input!

Im a moderator over on the UK Honda Prelude Forum. I think I know those cars like the back of my hand having owned 5 and rebuilt them.

I had a issue with shuddering from the front. For the life of me I couldn't figure out the issue. Opened up a thread.

Someone said I could have been stupid and not tightened up a wheel nut or two.

Well I checked and guess what......4 wheel nuts were loose. Any more driving and the wheel would have fallen off.

Epic fail. We all have them.

That what forums are for
Epic fails...banter and knowledge.

Do just be mindful that the heated mirrors are not thermostatically controlled, therefore they won't cut out automatically when they have reached temperature. If you leave the mirror control switch spun round to "heated" mode, you can burn out the elements, which will then be a pain in the wotsit since you only ever turn them on at this time of year when you need them the most. (Well that's what I was told by the technician so hopefully it's correct, or no doubt one of the fine folk on here will put me straight).

Do just be mindful that the heated mirrors are not thermostatically controlled, therefore they won't cut out automatically when they have reached temperature. If you leave the mirror control switch spun round to "heated" mode, you can burn out the elements, which will then be a pain in the wotsit since you only ever turn them on at this time of year when you need them the most. (Well that's what I was told by the technician so hopefully it's correct, or no doubt one of the fine folk on here will put me straight).
You have just said what I was about to lol. Always switch it back to 0.

Had mine working a treat this morning.
Spoke to my mate with his t5 sportline who reckons he has no switch for the heated mirrors as they are in always on mode???

Does the rear demist have to be on, as well as in the "0" position mirror switch. For people who have rear glazed tailgate with demist???

Does the rear demist have to be on, as well as in the "0" position mirror switch. For people who have rear glazed tailgate with demist???
No they work independently,
unless you change it in vcds so when you turn the rear heated window on the mirrors also come on.

Is there still a symbol?
Can't quite remember but I'm sure my T5.1 had a heater symbol at the 6 O'clock position of the electric mirror dial but fairly sure the current one doesn't (I'm being lazy and not bothering to go and look - it's all of 25 feet away...)

No they work independently,
unless you change it in vcds so when you turn the rear heated window on the mirrors also come on.
Thanks

really strange, can't understand why anybody would design functionality like this.
The circuit should shortly be designed to time out, or thermostat off.
That is how all cars work for the rear screen, and heated mirrors that I have ever owned.
What happens on a solid rear panel tailgate, i.e no rear screen to de-mist, is it just the "0" on the , I can see how this would be different, if there is no dash switch.
Very strange, must go and seen how mine is configured!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I think of it like the immersion heater in a hot water boiler. Turn it on, its on till you turn it off and does not cut out when the temp reaches a set level.

Damn, looks like the mirror heaters have been on since I bought the Van! Ho hum :mad:

It will be on a relayed timer. Don't worry too much.
On the t5 you pull it back and they turn on for a set time.

Back