Heated mirrors/rear demister Carista

Tsixty

T6 Guru
Just for information/observation. I used Carista to enable the heated mirrors to come on when the heated rear screen is turned on. This worked. What I wasn't expecting was that if you do that the mirror heating position on the mirror knob no longer works. I was hoping that changing the setting in Carista would allow either method to be used to turn on the heated mirrors, but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case.

Just for information/observation. I used Carista to enable the heated mirrors to come on when the heated rear screen is turned on. This worked. What I wasn't expecting was that if you do that the mirror heating position on the mirror knob no longer works. I was hoping that changing the setting in Carista would allow either method to be used to turn on the heated mirrors, but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case.
I found this too, makes the setting a bit of a waste of time IMO. I changed mine back.

Does that imply that the door knob is "programmable"?!!

Interesting. My mirrors don’t seem to work unless I activate the rear demister. Or I’m just too impatient.
Will check it out once my Carista subscription is sorted.
cheers

Interesting. My mirrors don’t seem to work unless I activate the rear demister. Or I’m just too impatient.
Will check it out once my Carista subscription is sorted.
cheers
If it helps, I could clearly feel warmth with the back of my hand against the glass within 1 min of them being turned on.

I’ve got mine set to come on with the rear window demister as it’s the way all other cars I’ve owned have worked.

If you control it just by the mirror knob and leave it in the heater position does it leave the heater on all the time or does it shut off after a set period?

Has anyone managed this on a T6.1 (2021) - I've tried Carista and the beta version - but it doesn't show as an option.

Back