Heated Mirrors and VCDS

DaveyB

Team White
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Following on from a number of threads over the past week relating to heated mirrors, and how they are on a separate switch (on the mirror control stalk). I have had mine hooked up to VCDS today and was playing whilst getting an oil service. There is a code in VCDS that enables "mirror heating on with rear heater" it can be found at 09 - 15 - 03. @Pauly , this may be worth adding to your list.

The other one I found that I have turned on is "flashing brake lights emergency braking". It is at 09 - 12 - 04. I saw a BMW wizz past me on the M40 in busy traffic the other day only for the driver to stand on the anchors shortly afterwards and perform an emergency stop (nothing that unusual for a BMW driver I hear many say). What I noticed was that the car clearly recognised the force of braking and rapidly flashed the brake lights so that those behind were immediately drawn to the hazard of the sharp braking. I am therefore assuming that this function in the T6 brain does the same thing. I'll have to get the Mrs to drive behind me when i brake hard and see what happens (so long as it is flashing brake lights rather than an Octavia VRS burying itself into the back of the van, I'll be happy!)

Sawy was first day idiot questions. Only just got my t6. Where does jack live as it's on floor in footwear passenger side rattling about

There should be a fixing point for it behind the nearside wheel arch in the back.

GOPR1282.jpg

Back