Heated Seats defective [Merge]

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
For some reason my heated seats have stopped working, i know the passenger one was working the other night as the girlfriend had it on. Any ideas where the fuse could be or if it's connected to something else? Or any ideas of the issue?

Thanks

Fuse is SC27 25a. Middle row down the bottom.

@Deaky seats now back working, fuse had dropped out... how does that even happen??.. all cost again... thank you

Hi chaps,

I’m new to the VW scene. This year I purchased a 2016 Kombi 150ps. The van has factory fitted heating seats however the passenger chair has been changed to the bench style seat. The dashboard switch for the passenger seat now does not work as they have put in a switch on the side of the seat and not used the factory fitting wiring. I can only think that this might of been down to the extra load a double seat might pull.
Anyhow I’d ideally like the seat to work via the dash and I was hoping to use a relay to do this and use the dash switch wiring to operate the coil in a relay and connect the seat through the relay.
On inspection I only seem to get 3.56v on the factory fitted wiring and I get this regardless if the switch on the dash is on or off.
I’ve no idea yet on modern car electric systems but a freind told me that sometimes they use a trace voltage and now don’t always have fuses.

I was just wondering if you chaps could shed any light on how they are wired?
Does anyone have access to wiring diagrams etc?

Many Thanks

Paul

Both my heated seats stopped working a few weeks ago. The dash switches still light up and all the fuses are working. I suspect there's a master relay for both but I could do with some help if anyone can???

Thanks for joining as a VIP, welcome to the club. =]

strangely they've stopped working again, tried all the fuses, none blown, any ideas? it's booked back into the dealers next week, curious as to the issue

Hi everyone
Both front heated seats are not working
I’ve accessed the fuse maps on this site (thank you) and I think I’ve found the fuse which appears sound. Is there an updated fuse map I need to find? Or any other ideas before I have to take it back to vw?
Thanks in advance

Have you checked SC27 ?...

Do the lights on the control panel light up?

Update
Thanks for your advice.
End result - don't trust dealerships 1000 point checks as both heated seats were not working for different reasons and they were fixed by another dealership for me under warranty

I’ve had a search but couldn’t find anything definitive, has anyone had a faulty heated seat and had it sorted by a dealership under warranty? My drivers seat has stopped heating up, passenger side it still good. Van has done 30k and is just over two years old, driver on the heavier side :rofl:
Presume it’s the elements because the passenger seat heats up when the plugged into the drivers side electrics, shame the seatbelt is on the wrong side :whistle: Might tackle it myself if it’s something that’s not covered under the three year warranty. Cheers all.

Back